Author Topic: TACAN not working with Autopilot  (Read 5901 times)

JimmyPD424

TACAN not working with Autopilot
« on: January 21, 2008, 04:24:36 am »
I can not get the autopilot to work with the TACAN at LeMoore NAS.  It will show distance in the MFD but when trying to couple the autopilot to it, the aircraft will not fly to the VOR / TACAN.  Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone know how to fix it.

chupaflier

Re: TACAN not working with Autopilot
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 08:34:56 am »
Give me the particulars of that VOR station and you situation and I'll see if it happens to me also.

JimmyPD424

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 09:23:57 am »
The TACAN channel for LeMoore NAS is 80 according to the Approach plates from www.naco.faa.gov.  When I put it into the TACAN or ILS, it shows the distance, but it will not show in which direction.  It also will not couple to the auto pilot.  I have tried other TACANs to the area VORs and they work, but not LeMoore.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 12:52:05 pm »
FSX doesn't support a "real" TACAN, meaning: a navigational aid that shows distance+direction on military airplanes, but just distance on civilian equipment.

FSX makes all TACANs to appearing as DME, the F/A-18 TACAN is still using the FSX standard radio, the only added programming is the interface to select by channel, but is still working as a civilian radio, so it's just DME.

This is a Flight Sim design limitation of the navaid system that it has been like this since version 1.0...