Author Topic: UFCD control question  (Read 3611 times)

StraitDJ

UFCD control question
« on: September 26, 2010, 04:48:14 am »
I have a Logitech G13 programmable keyboard that I use as an ICP/DED when I fly Open Falcon (a flavor of the venerable Falcon 4 series). A roughly-edited picture of the sim panel over-layed onto a photo of the G13 is found on my flickr page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11008786@N00/4254070668/sizes/z/in/photostream/
The ability to map out the ICP keypad, and additionally to have the DED info displayed on the LCD screen right in front of you, netted a huge increase in overall avionic system control, kept mouse usage to a minimum, and allowed me much more flexibility in programming my TM Cougar HOTAS setup.

My new dilemma now is configuring FSX F/A-18 control onto an F-16 controller.

So my main question is this, is there a way to assign keyboard commands to the buttons on the hornet's UFCD so that I can map these to a programmable keyboard like the G13? Operation, as described in the FSX F/A-18 manual that I downloaded, assumes mouse control as the expected norm.

Can anyone assist me in getting the UFCD buttons mapped to a controller? After that is completed, my next step will be to attempt to extract the data from the UFCD scratchpad to the G13's LCD, but one step at a time! :)

Razgriz

Re: UFCD control question
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 04:54:10 am »
I'm pretty sure this needs the paid version of FSUIPC.  You may have better help over at FSDeveloper or AVsim.