Author Topic: Update / Install Problem  (Read 313 times)

Ursli80

Update / Install Problem
« on: September 25, 2024, 04:24:00 pm »
Hello Virtuali,

i wanted to update GSX today. From 3.1.2 to 3.1.7 I encountered problems. So I decided to delete everything and reinstall. Unfortunately, the same problems. I keep getting the following messages, as shown in the screenshots.

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards
Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737

Ursli80

Re: Update / Install Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2024, 05:06:53 am »
Hello everyone,

is there no solution?

Best regards
Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2024, 10:18:43 am »
Can't replicate this, works fine here.

Check all the following:

- You don't have a firewall blocking the download

- The whole Addon manager folder must be added to the Antivirus EXCLUSIONS

- We found some routers having their own antivirus that are also mistakenly blocking the download. Because a user found it and made a proper report, we could identify the faulty antivirus was Trend Micro, used by some Asus router (but not only), so we reported it to Trend Micro, and they reclassified our domain as Safe but, of course, there might be other routers using different software with the same bug, but without knowing what they are, it's impossible to file a complaint with the antivirus vendor.

Ursli80

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2024, 06:59:09 pm »
Hello,

iturned everything off during installation and I don't use any additional antivirus software.

Best regards
Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2024, 11:25:10 pm »
iturned everything off during installation

Nowhere I said you have to "turn everything off", if I never suggest that and, instead, always say to be sure the Addon Manager is added to the antivirus Exclusion, it's because there's a reason, and it's that antivirus are never really "turned off", so the proper way is to use Exclusions instead.

If you are sure your normal antivirus ( yes, you use one, the default Windows Defender ) is correctly configured, check this post, because it's possible the problem is your router:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,32190.msg203983.html#msg203983

Ursli80

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:37:55 am »
Hello Humberto,

i know that you never said that I should turn off antivirus. If that's how it came across, I apologize. It could be that the translator didn't translate it the way I meant it.

Hmm, it could be the router thing. I had to reinstall it twice this month. I'll check it out Humberto.

Thank you for your efforts.

Kind regards and thanks Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737