Author Topic: Doors management in ladders configuration  (Read 248 times)

ACSoft

Doors management in ladders configuration
« on: September 14, 2024, 12:06:31 pm »
In the last version, in ladder configuration, doors have to be now fully manually controlled. As far as I remember, in previous version, doors would open automatically, when boarding begin (but not when ladder was called). This has the consequence now, that passengers may enter in the aircraft through closed doors, as you can see on my included sceenshot !

Of course, I can manage manually the doors, but I think it would be quite normal that doors status is tied to ladder and open automatically when ladder are in place and close just before ladder goes aways.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 03:02:15 pm by ACSoft »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Doors management in ladders configuration
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2024, 12:01:45 am »
Assuming you are referring to the Fenix, the door automation is handled by the airplane, assuming you use the Fenix integration, which starts by selecting boarding with GSX. If you call GSX manually outside the Fenix integration, you'll have to operate doors, and it has always been like that.

Note that, if you have a custom profile that was made for the previous version, you must remove it from %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes, because in version 2.x Fenix has changed all doors IDs and provided with an updated GSX profile but, if you have a custom one in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes made with the previous version, is still using the old IDs, and this will cause all door automation to fail, because custom profiles always get an higher priority over the default ones

ACSoft

Re: Doors management in ladders configuration
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2024, 12:06:03 pm »
Yes, I know, as you say, if I call manually GSX outside Fenix integration, I have to operate doors. But what is sure is that, in previous GSX versions, doors would be opened by GSX, when calling for boarding and now, it is not anymore the case. But, this just a detail !

Speaking of GSX Fenix integration, what is also sure, almost in my case, is that PAX doors aperture are not managed. Maybe a bug in actual Fenix code ? I Don't know. So, even with the GSX integration I use (see my settings screenshot), doors remain closed, even during boarding ordered by the Fenix code. So, in conclusion, inside or outside Fenix GSX integration I have to open doors manually. Note that doors close automatically, when boarding is done ! Not very consistent all this !!!

But anyway, thanks also for your note. Because, looking in "virtuali\airplane", I found a directory named "fnx320" with a file "gsx.cfg" dated October 2022. What is sure, I NEVER had installed myself this profile file. Probably an old installation of Fenix in 2022 ? I have removed this and this changed absolutely nothing to the doors behaviors. In fact, I suspect it was even not used at all anymore, as Fenix aircraft have changed names. Also, looking Fenix doc and seeking whole Fenix Discord, it appear that an aircraft profile is not required and actual Fenix installation seem to not install one.

In conclusion, I continue to think that you should consider to open doors automatically, when ladder are in place and close them when prepare for pushback is called. But of course, this is just my humble opinion ! Not a problem for me to open doors manually ! Was just an improvement idea.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2024, 12:08:22 pm by ACSoft »