Author Topic: PMDG 737 not detected as installed  (Read 1387 times)

SN737

PMDG 737 not detected as installed
« on: July 23, 2024, 01:44:54 am »
pax enter aircraft, walk through isle to their seat and then disappear.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 01:58:07 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
PMDG 737 not detected as installed
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2024, 01:57:15 am »
pax enter aircraft, walk through isle to their seat and then disappear.

That's not your problem.

Your problem is the PMDG 737 (assuming that's the airplane you are referring to) hasn't been detected, so the Seated Passengers feature can't be enabled, so it's entirely normal they'll disappear, because that's what is supposed to happen if you don't enable them.

It is possible to log the installation this way:

Open a command prompt, which can be done by typing CMD (then Enter) on the Windows address bar

Assuming you installed in the default folder ( if you haven't, you MUST replace this command with your actual path ) type the following:

CD "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager"

Again, adapt to your actual path if you changed it, and use double quotes if your path contains spaces

Now start the installer this way:

Couatl_Updater2 /INSTALLMODE /LOG

Go in the Config Page, confirm the 737 is not visible, then go back and exit, and check for this file

LOG.TXT

Will if you did everything correctly, would have been created in the Addon Manager folder you were in.

ZIP the LOG.TXT file ( yes, ZIP IT!! ) and attach it to a post or send it by email to support, so I can see what's wrong with it.

SN737

Re: PMDG 737 not detected as installed
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2024, 02:59:08 am »
Here you go. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2024, 04:14:58 am »
Here you go. Thanks

You are using a dramatically oudated version of the installer:

2024-07-22 21:54:26.811: FSDT Installer Version: 2.0.7.0

Current version (only one which supports the 737) is 2.0.8.1 and the one before was 2.0.8.0. Are you maybe starting the installer not from the "FSDT Installer" icon ? Doing that, would lose you the ability for the installer to update itself.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 04:27:42 am by virtuali »

SN737

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2024, 06:56:54 pm »
I downloaded and used the latest version of the universal installer that appears on your web page: https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html
it's version 1.1.8.0

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2024, 11:26:42 pm »
It's not a problem which version of the Universal Installer you use, because when it calls the Live Updater/FSDT Installer (which just two different interfaces of the same program), the first thing it does is to update *itself*, so I'm wondering why it's not able to do that on your system.

The most likely cause for the updater failing to update itself might be the antivirus blocking it so, be sure you have added the whole "Addon Manager" folder to the Antivirus Exclusions.

And, be sure you start the FSDT Installer from its Desktop icon, that will normally trigger a self-update to the latest version.

If that also fails, try the OFFLINE installer posted on the Home Page or the MSFS section of the Products and Downloads page, which surely contains the latest updater.

SN737

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2024, 03:09:38 am »
It's not a problem which version of the Universal Installer you use, because when it calls the Live Updater/FSDT Installer (which just two different interfaces of the same program), the first thing it does is to update *itself*, so I'm wondering why it's not able to do that on your system.

The most likely cause for the updater failing to update itself might be the antivirus blocking it so, be sure you have added the whole "Addon Manager" folder to the Antivirus Exclusions.

And, be sure you start the FSDT Installer from its Desktop icon, that will normally trigger a self-update to the latest version.

If that also fails, try the OFFLINE installer posted on the Home Page or the MSFS section of the Products and Downloads page, which surely contains the latest updater.

That did it, thanks

Sandman161

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2024, 01:45:10 pm »
I followed the steps as described in the posts above but still no option in config for the 737 seated passengers is available. I attached my log.zip for analysis. Can you please help me out here? Thanks very much.

Regards &
Happy Flying
Martin 'sandman161'

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2024, 07:49:24 pm »
Martin, if you bough the 737 from the Microsoft Marketplace, which looking at your logs, it looks like you did, you won't have the seated passengers available. My understanding is there's some change they need to make to the external model of the aircraft, which they can't do for Marketplace versions of the airplane because it's encrypted.

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,31900.msg202412.html#msg202412
Captain Kevin

FlyData

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2024, 08:20:44 pm »
Hello,

I have both the PMDG 737 and 777, purchased directly from PMDG.  I don't see an option to turn on the visible passengers when I run the universal installer.  Here is my log file when I ran it from the CMD prompt as directed in the previous posts.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2024, 12:42:02 am »
Your log shows you have an extremely outdated version of the installer, which is not normally possible to get, since the installer updates itself when you start it.

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- Start the installer from the FSDT Installer icon, and check if updates itself.

FlyData

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2024, 02:59:00 am »
I downloaded the latest universal installer (1.1.8) and re-ran and found the proper icon on my desktop to run and it worked.  Looks like I had lost the icon from the desktop so wasn't running it properly.  Thanks for the help.