Author Topic: After installing GSX Pro it now takes MSFS 2020 6 minutes and 30 seconds to load  (Read 2822 times)

dornier

Hi,
After installing GSX Pro it now takes MSFS 2020 6 minutes and 30 seconds to load.  It use to take about 2 minutes to load.  Anyone else have the same issue?  Or is this normal after installing GSX Pro?
Thanks,
George

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
You can expect some loading delay the first startup (or after MS release an update), because there is a WASM module that is being recompiled, so there's a delay like each and every other product that comes with WASM modules.

Subsequent startups shouldn't take much longer than they used to, but surely *some* delay at startup will be seen, because lots of objects has been added to the simulator library, so just like any other product that adds lots of objects, like AI traffic packs, boat packs, birds pack, replacement car traffic packs, etc, they ALL contribute to the startup time.

I timed the startup now, and it takes exactly 2 minutes and 20 seconds, from clicking to the MSFS icon to getting to the Main menu.

Sheepie1985

Sorry to bump an old topic but I'm noticing this issue every time I boot the sim up. Should this be expected? I thought it would be a one time installation thing but every time I run the sim the first load up takes a very long time.

Flightdoc

Curious - your system specs?
Flightdoc

dornier

In my case, I'm running an Intel i9-9900k, 1TB M.2, 32GB Ram, Windows 10, Nvidia 3070ti. 

pete_auau

My case  it  takes around the  4:20  secs  to  get  to the main menu,  doesnt  worry me  since  when i click  the  icon to run i go  to the kitchen  etc or  some  where  else in the  house other  wise  it  seems  to  take  for ever :)

Sheepie1985

i5-10400F/32gb RAM/RTX 3070. I run MSFS on an SSD too but my first load each time I turn the computer on is around 9mins20. Tempted to move MSFS to run on an M2 Drive to see if that improves anything

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Note that my time is taken using SU10, which loads faster than SU9. And, the startup time is a combination of everything that is added to the Community folder, every single add-on makes a small contribution to lengthen the startup time.

Flightdoc

Re: MSFS Load Times
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2022, 11:52:04 pm »
I'm running SU10 also and I'm at 3minutes 10 seconds from click icon to main menu. AMD Ryzen 9 -5900x, 32MB at 3400 MHz, RTX 3080 and everything on fast SSDs. I have about ten 3rd party aircraft and about 15 3rd party airports and a LOT of liveries. ALso running in DEV mode which adds some overhead.
Flightdoc

Leopardo Di Cardio

Note that my time is taken using SU10, which loads faster than SU9. And, the startup time is a combination of everything that is added to the Community folder, every single add-on makes a small contribution to lengthen the startup time.
Exactly, that's why it's best to use Addon Linker and assign to it only what is absolutely necessary for a given flight, so that it doesn't burden the loading time of MSFS or unnecessarily loading a lot of unnecessary and unused things when starting Fly. And most importantly, if a random CTD occurs, then  hard to find out what it is and what it did. I'm writing this mainly for those who don't know this utility yet.

riccardo74

I noticed a big impact after installing GSX Pro.

So I start a trial and with my system and GSX pro installed with full services FS2020 take 8m:38s, disabling ALL services 7m:28s.

I think GSX have surely an impact on time loading but the big one is FSLTL.

Here my specs:

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I think GSX have surely an impact on time loading but the big one is FSLTL.

Everything that adds a significant number of objects in the sim contributes, so GSX and FSLTL are quite similar in this regard.