Author Topic: Baggage Disappears  (Read 502 times)

rockliffe

Baggage Disappears
« on: July 09, 2024, 12:52:43 pm »
For some reason, when the baggage cart arrives, sometimes it's empty, sometimes not. When I go to an external view and move the camera around, the baggage disappears, depending on where the camera is. This happens not hundreds of metres away, but very close to the aircraft, PMDG 737-800.This has happened since day one. I'm sure I have read somewhere about an LOD issue, but unsure how to go about sorting it. Is it an airport thing, an MSFS setting? If so, then none of it works, because I have tried varying all manner of settings but without any success. Help appreciated.

BJHawk

Re: Baggage Disappears
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2024, 02:38:46 pm »
No, it's inability of FSDT do anything right, don't worry about it. Even with Objects LOD at 200 (max) in the MSFS setting, you can barely see baggage on both trucks when you look directly from the side on 737-8. On larger planes you won't see it at all unless you zoom right in.

rockliffe

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2024, 11:27:54 pm »
Wow, all the time this software has been sold and it still has such a ridiculous bug. Very poor. Thanks for your reply.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2024, 11:47:03 pm »
Wow, all the time this software has been sold and it still has such a ridiculous bug. Very poor. Thanks for your reply.

Well, you are thanking him for a reply that was completely wrong. LOD for baggage are correct and they DO show on normal zoom levels of about 50-60 and normal zoom distances, with no need to increase the Object LOD slider higher than 100.

There might be issues where you *think* your Object LOD is 100 or higher, but it's not, and is when you use AutoFPS, which can change the in-memory values with the slider not showing it, so if you use AutoFPS, you must be sure its not automatically setting the OLOD less than 100, something it usually does when you are on ground, which of course is detrimental with products made CORRECTLY with multiple LODs, as every object should be.

Also, in VR, you will probably need to set it at 200.