Author Topic: Suddenly really bad FPS when boarding  (Read 261 times)

FreaXter

Suddenly really bad FPS when boarding
« on: June 09, 2024, 11:13:03 am »
I think since SU15 GSX is a big performance hit for me.
CPU: Ryzen 7850X3D, 32GB RAM 5600Mhz, Geforce 4070Super

In general boarding was very smooth so I had no problems with it. Since SU15, i have a massive FPS drop, so FPS drop to about 15-20 during boarding with the passenger bus.

I don't know if there is something with my MSFS install, the inibuilds A320nei is also not playable with FPS about 13 in the cockpit with my machine.

Any suggestions, what I can try to find the error?

During boarding, the CPU usage is at about 32%, GPU is also around 40%, RAM utilization is 50% free so i don't know, why the FPS drop that much. Only the main thread is very high and the alloc/frame are yellow/red

senchay

Re: Suddenly really bad FPS when boarding
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2024, 01:55:55 am »
"Only the main thread is very high" hehe. Sadly thats more or less the depending factor for most of us. Surely one can bring many GPUs to max too in one or other way but mainthread its always the thing thats bottlenecks most of us.

Meaning, if you are anyway already near limit of the mainthread, what is very easy by setting Terrain LOD higher, or fly in busy areas, have traffic plugiins hacking on it etcetc, anything on top can cause this. And if that is maxed the other components cant get enough info and are idling, more or less. Many ways to go into this state in MSFS.
You would really have to make sure that you didnt change anything else.

Also, of course im not sure if you have but the suggestion from Asobo to install updates with a renamed community folder, start sim like that first etc is not a bad tip.
Whenever i run into these problems, ie update gives less fps, i do a full clean up. Scenery indexes, rolling cache deletion, rename community folder and all those things. In basically every time that fixes any of those issues.
But of course there can be many things. I think ive seen another topic here about that, maybe you find some info there. It shoulndt be very much further from first few pages.
But, that was for SU14 ^^ I think you see where im going with this.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 01:58:11 am by senchay »

FreaXter

Re: Suddenly really bad FPS when boarding
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2024, 01:10:28 pm »
Yeah but before everything was fine. I could do boarding with passengers with 50fps +

And now the 'FPS drop at about 15, sometimes even 10 or less.

Thats not a "low-end-pc" problem, as you could see I use a Ryzen 7850X3D with 6Ghz memory banks. The sim ran fine and now its a complete mess with GSX