Author Topic: Multiple aircraft on same stand  (Read 232 times)

vikingnope

Multiple aircraft on same stand
« on: March 10, 2024, 02:09:07 pm »
Hi,

I was just wondering, if it is possible to create multiple aircraft stopping positions within the VDGS and parking system for different aircraft, represented in the picture below.

And if it is not supported yet, will we get support for this in the future?

Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 05:40:47 pm by vikingnope »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Multiple aircraft on same stand
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 11:52:39 pm »
I was just wondering, if it is possible to create multiple aircraft stopping positions within the VDGS and parking system for different aircraft, represented in the picture below.

First, I suggest reading the chapter named "Understanding the Stop Position" at Pages 46-47 of the manual because, even by default with no customization, all airplanes already stops at different positions, because GSX uses their main Exit as a reference to calculate where to stop, not the front gear, because the goal is having the main Exit to end up in a predictable position to ease Jetway solving, and this would automatically result in different airplanes having their front gear ending in different places, because of the different relative position between their front gear and their main Exit.

However, this won't ensure it will match custom ground marking on 3rd party sceneries, which might have been made using different standards, grouping airplanes differently, or any other local constraint that cannot possibly be known to GSX automatically.

Now the airport customization enters into play and these features are part of the "Advanced Airport Customization using Python" chapter that starts at Page 98 of the manual, which requires an airport profile that comes with a Python script, the part that controls this is the "Customized STOP Positions" paragraph at Page 102.

It's quite an advanced topic, so the manual is really directed to profile creators, and, in fact, you'll find that many of the latest profiles from the best creators already include Python-based customization to achieve this.