Author Topic: GSX 2.8.0 - 737 auto load feature - unit and input issues  (Read 664 times)

MediocreGorilla

GSX 2.8.0 - 737 auto load feature - unit and input issues
« on: October 12, 2023, 04:13:55 pm »
Hi Umberto,

thanks for the new loading feature of the 737!
I'd like to pass on two observations from my first encounters with it:

First of all I've noticed that it GSX doesn't seem to take in account wether the plane is configured for LBS or KG. When it is configured for KGs, GSX inputs LBS values for cargo and fuel anyway. I've tried everything from changing units in SimBrief and/or the plane during runtime with a Couatl restart from reloading the plane to restarting the sim, but it's always LBS values that get inserted. Is there a setting I've missed?

While figuring this out and doing several reloads, I've also noticed that more often then not, some keypresses on the FMC seem to be dropped/not registered, resulting in incorrect values. My sim is running stable at about 90 FPS without any lag issues.

Finally, I wonder if using this new feature could be made an option (maybe even divide it into two options for fuel and payload)? While I like to use progressive refueling with the PMDG truck (with no progressive fuelling in sight with GSX from your latest statement) I'm also a fan of accurate payload. So disabling fueling but enabling payload by GSX would be the way for me.

Thanks in advance for your replay and kind regards
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 07:37:17 pm by MediocreGorilla »

marklar

Re: GSX 2.8.0 - 737 auto load feature - unit and input issues
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 01:38:27 pm »
5 months and no one bothered to respond! I have the same problem. GSX enters fuel quantity into FMC in LBS units, despite kilograms are set in Simbrief and PMDG settings. Is there an option to force GSX to use metric units?

Ok. This issue only applies to cargo and BBJ variants. Passenger version works fine. As per manual support for cargo and BBJ will come later.

Supported variants
As in version 2.8.1, GSX Pax and Fuel integration supports only the standard Pas-
senger variants for PMDG 737-600/700/800/900/900-ER. Support for Cargo and
Business variants will come in future updates.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 01:47:44 pm by marklar »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX 2.8.0 - 737 auto load feature - unit and input issues
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024, 09:07:30 pm »
Ok. This issue only applies to cargo and BBJ variants. Passenger version works fine. As per manual support for cargo and BBJ will come later.

GSX is not even supposed to act on those variants.