Author Topic: GSX Error after parking at LSZH Gate A48  (Read 470 times)

falcon71

GSX Error after parking at LSZH Gate A48
« on: February 13, 2024, 03:26:33 pm »
Hello,

I parked at LSZH Gate A48, the scenery is from FSDT. After parking, I opened the GSX menu and I received the GSX error message. I have attached the error log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Error after parking at LSZH Gate A48
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 11:11:28 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, according to your log, this is the real cause of the problem:

Error: exception TOO_MANY_OBJECTS

Most likely, you have too high AI settings, coupled with a too dense airport, so you surpassed the maximum limit of objects in a scene (officially documented as 1000), after which Simconnect no longer responds correctly to commands, causing all sort of malfunctions.

The easiest way to reach the limit is to use AI traffic, especially with AI Injection. But it IS possible to reach it even without it, if the airport is detailed enough.

What you CAN do from GSX to mitigate the problem ( not fixing it, only Asobo can really fix it, by allowing more than 1000 Simobject in a scene ), is:

- Disable the "Ground Clutter" option in GSX. This will only be effective for default airports that had their jetways replaced by GSX.

- Lower the Passenger Density slider in GSX. This will reduce the number of passengers visible at any given time, which will affect the overall number of Simobjects in a scene.

But the most effective way to deal with the Simobject limit, is reducing the AI Density. If the AI traffic product has an option to disable Ground Services for AI, that's the most effective way, because each AI could generate extra 5-6 objects as ground services so, 100 AI airplanes could add 500-600 Simbojects and, if you add the airport objects, and the Jetways, it's very easy to surpass the max Simobject limit.
Modify message

falcon71

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 06:40:40 am »
Ah, I see. Interestingly, I'm not even using AI traffic and I am not replacing the jetways with GSX. I fly quite often (also to LSZH) and I usually don't have any problems. Maybe there was a Simobject leak in that flight? Is there such a thing??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 08:52:41 pm »
Ah, I see. Interestingly, I'm not even using AI traffic and I am not replacing the jetways with GSX. I fly quite often (also to LSZH) and I usually don't have any problems. Maybe there was a Simobject leak in that flight? Is there such a thing??

It's not always immediately obvious how many Simobjects have been loaded. There's a menu in the DevMode Debug->Simobjects and enabling the "Display Summary on screen" checkbox, but it will go away when you close the window.

And, Simobjects are not just AI, but also every Ground vehicle, Living World vehicle, Boats, and also Jetways, and they all count towards the limit.

If you use a GSX Profile, and it comes with lots of VGDS, you can save on the Simobject number by setting the "Disable Static docking systems" option in the DETAILS page of the airport customization page. This will create only the single VGDS for the selected gate, instead of all the ones on the airport, saving on their number.

falcon71

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 09:13:14 pm »
Thank you for your help!