Author Topic: A300 progressive fueling fix  (Read 785 times)

MD-82

A300 progressive fueling fix
« on: February 08, 2024, 11:54:44 am »
Hello peeps, I noticed there are a few posts regarding GSX not playing well with the A300 for refueling.

To get the A300 to fuel progressively I,

- Tick ON the option in GSX settings to recognise 3rd party fuel systems.
- Tick OFF the option in "Customize Airplane" to "Show MSFS "Fuel and Cargo" during refueling.
- Import the weight (or set your own) in the EFB Weight & Balance app.
- Call GSX refueling and wait until it has completely finished connecting.
- Hit "Apply Load to Aircraft" in the EFB.
- Et viola ..... fueling commences with the bowser fuel uplift totalizer nicely counting up.
- When fueling finishes, GSX disconnects and goes away.

Cheers,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: A300 progressive fueling fix
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 10:15:00 pm »
- Tick ON the option in GSX settings to recognise 3rd party fuel systems.

This is the one you should never turn on in MSFS, because it's required in very rare cases where the airplane might start fueling itself automatically, so this option will call the GSX Fuel truck automatically, so it won't "miss" the event. But it won't make any different in the *way* refueling works, it might just confuse you by seeing a GSX Fuel truck arriving without you calling it. As far as I know, the only airplane were it might have been useful, was the PMDG 777 in P3D, which started its own refueling as part of a Turnaound simulation, so it could start at any time.

The option you WANT to Enable (otherwise the refueling will be very fast), instead, is the "Always refuel Progressively", which is the one which makes the fuel counter going up slowly.

Once you Uncheck this option:

- Tick OFF the option in "Customize Airplane" to "Show MSFS "Fuel and Cargo" during refueling.

What follows is the same procedure that is valid for every airplane that has a custom Fuel System that can't be controlled by GSX:

- Import the weight (or set your own) in the EFB Weight & Balance app.
- Call GSX refueling and wait until it has completely finished connecting.
- Hit "Apply Load to Aircraft" in the EFB.
- Et viola ..... fueling commences with the bowser fuel uplift totalizer nicely counting up.
- When fueling finishes, GSX disconnects and goes away.

Which is explained in the manual at Page 19, the paragraph called "Airplanes using custom refueling systems".

Of course, if you use the GSX menu correctly (never close it from the Toolbar, always close it from the X icon or the Hotkey), even if you don't know exactly how this procedure works, you'll only have to follow the various messages (which are also repeated as audio messages, in case you really closed the menu, unless you also disabled the aural warnings...), which will tell you to first wait to load the aircraft until the truck is in position and the fuel hose is connected, and then use your airplane load system to load it, so the counter will proceed in sync with the refueling.

MD-82

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 08:02:47 pm »
Just thought I would post as other posts regarding this had no solution.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 11:06:09 pm »
Just thought I would post as other posts regarding this had no solution.

I'm not sure what you mean now. You opened this thread suggesting your solution, saying that it works.