Author Topic: GSX Pro Menu Loading forever  (Read 359 times)

sqpp

GSX Pro Menu Loading forever
« on: February 12, 2024, 07:18:53 pm »
Hi,

I just purchased GSX, but Im so far not happy, I can't even use the product, because I get infinite loading screen on GSX Menu.

Couatl is running, restarting doesn't help either. No logs are present, I dot't know what to do :(

Marcell

crauds

Re: GSX Pro Menu Loading forever
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 12:49:37 pm »
I also have the same issue last two days.  "loading, please wait" message but never loads.  Tried restarting Couatl from desktop but no change.  Tried reloading the flight from MSFS startup.  That usually fixed the problem in the past but this is no longer working either. 
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

sqpp

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 03:19:12 pm »
For me Live Update helped but I hope I don't have to do this frequently, it took like 30-35 minutes to download everything again. Why not just md5 hash and only download what's not matching?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 11:15:20 pm »
For me Live Update helped but I hope I don't have to do this frequently, it took like 30-35 minutes to download everything again

Apart for the fact that it takes about 6 minutes to reinstall GSX from scratch:

https://youtu.be/5oHiuDoZB1I

This is with a 1Gbit/s connection so, make the comparison with your internet speed to see if it matches up (for example, should take 30 min. with a 200 Mbit/s connection).

But that's not really the point. The point is, after you run an Update, if you run it *again* it should not download ANYTHING until we'll release a new update!

Why not just md5 hash and only download what's not matching?

That's exactly what it does, of course. How else you think it would be capable to download only what is required? That what normally does.