Author Topic: Repostitioning  (Read 630 times)

Kimchi

Repostitioning
« on: January 21, 2024, 11:04:59 am »
MSFS - FS Traffic - GSX - PMDG 737-800 - all default airports
PMDG 737-800 start at parking pos 6 at default Innsbruck C&D. Via GSX menu i choose: reposition aircraft at current gate. I understand that the first position is the default MSFS position and when repositioning the GSX postion is set and i see the aircraft moving forward, out of line of all other aircraft. So i want to put the GSX position at the same place a MSFS position: MSFS position is A  - GSX position is B (moved forward) and i want to set GSX position on A.

In the customize vehicle position screen i cycle through the different vehicles  and as soon as i select the aircraft, the aircraft moves BACK to MSFS default position A..weird. I move the aircraft just a tiny bit so this location will be saved as the default GSX position. In press ENTER and the aircraft moves back to position B. I restart MSFS and Couatl and nothing changed. After repositioning, the aircraft moves forward to position B, out of line...

For a few days now im trying to use GSX as good addon but until now i skipped GSX completely as its too much trouble. Gates are too small, jetways dont reach the aircraft, passenger walk around on parking spot. Boarding sometimes i can choose between passengers and crew, sometimes its boaring all in one. Sometimes nothing is boarding. Luggage loading should be separate from boarding people.  Seems that i have to change everything every single time i want to fly. I want GSX just to work but it seems that is not possible with the sloppy work Asobo have done to MSFS. On the pictures GSX look really good but its tedious hairpulling to get it all working. That time i rather spend on actually flying.
Oh, and i tried some custom profiles but they dont work...
I am disappointed in GSX. I understand the meaning but its too tedious. I would rather spend money per airport (Like AES in FSX) so it works out of the box on every gate than having to setup everything every time i want to fly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Repostitioning
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 06:11:32 pm »
You really need to read the manual, the Chapter "Understanding the Stop position", pages 46-47 of the manual, will clarify exactly how the Stop position works, and why.