Author Topic: Airlines of India  (Read 707 times)

Punit

Airlines of India
« on: December 24, 2023, 09:04:11 am »
Hello,

I am using the latest 2.8.8 version. And I have noticed that ground vehicles of airlines of India no more appear. It used to have airlines like Indigo, Vistara, Jet Airways, GoAir, etc. but now only Air India is appearing. I tried it on several Indian airports. I re installed GSX Pro 1 day ago and still it's the same. Please help.

Punit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airlines of India
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 09:11:33 am »
Please give a precise example of the airport you tried.

Punit

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 05:00:53 am »
I tried on Ahmedabad (VAAH), Mumbai (VABB) (MSK Productions), and on Bengaluru (VOBL)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 03:09:59 am »
I tried all the airports you listed, and this is the results:

VAAH - I got Celebi and Global Flight Handling. According to several sources, they both operates at VAAH

VABB - I got Air India, Bird India and Celebi

VOBL - I got GlobeGround India, Air India and Celebi

So, it seems to me the handlers are surely correct because, while in previous versions we might have included "all" airlines of India in a genetic rule for airports in India, sometimes we get suggestions from users that a certain ground handling company is on a specific airport, so that will override the generic rules, so you might think the other airlines "disappeared", when in fact we replaced the generic rule with more current information.

Of course, these are just the STOCK rules, but from the Operators tab of the Parking customization page, you can assign any operator you want, and those assigned by you, will take precedence over any rule.

Punit

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 04:11:09 am »
Ok, I will try that.

But is it possible to add these new operators and all the airlines to appear at once?

It'd be great to see them.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2023, 12:03:35 pm »
But is it possible to add these new operators and all the airlines to appear at once?

That's exactly what I meant with "these are just the STOCK rules, but from the Operators tab of the Parking customization page, you can assign any operator you want, and those assigned by you, will take precedence over any rule."

If you don't want to customize individual airports, it's even possible to create your own custom rules, as explained on Page 91 of the GSX Manual, the chapter named Rules Customization