Author Topic: two questions - bug in handler selection  (Read 941 times)

pelelaur

two questions - bug in handler selection
« on: October 09, 2023, 09:34:04 am »
I update just a moment ago to the lastest version and i am happy to see that Alyzia is one of the new added handling company's. I want to use this at Brussels airport because they do handling over there. But if i select it as a handeler a different handler appears on the tarmac and not Alyzia. Can this be an error? Also if i select three handlers and request boarding for example it will let me choose only out of two handlers and Alyzia is not in the list.

Second question i have. I'm working on a gsx profile for Justsim EBBR airport. I can let the passengers walk perfectly from the terminal to the aircraft but from the second part of the jetway (the part that goes from the joint to the aircraft) the passengers walk to high in the jetway. Can anyone explain me where i can adjust their height?

Thank u in advance.
Peter
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 10:06:59 am by pelelaur »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: two questions - bug in handler selection
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 11:28:03 am »
Are you referring to vehicles that are added automatically all over the airport, or the ones you call yourself from the GSX menu? The operator selected in the parking customization page will only affect operators created by GSX around your airplane when you call GSX.

pelelaur

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 11:30:54 am »
The ones that i call via the gsx menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 11:39:50 am »
You said you are at EBBR and Alyzia doesn't have the maximum score there, because it has been generically assigned with a basic score of 2 to all airports in France and Belgium so, if at EBBR there are other operators with a higher score, it's normal you will see only them.

I suggest reading the manual, page 90, which explains how the scoring system works.

And, of course, Page 39 of the manual, where the Operators page in the parking customization page is explained, because the selections you make there, will take precedence over the default scoring system, so you can set any operator(s) at any airport/terminal/gate.

Because, if you are using a GSX custom profile for that airport, and it has explicitly specified some custom operators there, if the profile was made before we added new ones, you'll never see the new ones, no matter what.

pelelaur

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 12:02:15 pm »
Ok, my profile was indeed made before last update so i will not be able to see alyzia if i understand correctly...

About my second question, u have a solution for that please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2023, 12:23:58 pm »
About my second question, u have a solution for that please?

Also explained in the manual, Page 72, the chapter named Custom Jetway Floor heights

pelelaur

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2023, 06:21:17 pm »
Ok, got that working with floor heights. Thanks

But even if i create a new profile at EBBR and start from scratch the ALYZIA handler is selectable but does not want to appear as a custom handler. Am i missing something here?