Author Topic: GSX Menu  (Read 567 times)

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
GSX Menu
« on: September 28, 2023, 02:50:02 am »
I am able to use alt and click on the middle square on the upper right of the gsx menu to put it in windowed mode and move it to a small screen that MSFS is not on but after a few seconds the menu goes blank.  I have to close it and do the whole process over again.  Is there a way to keep it displayed on the remote screen.  What I would really like is a hot key that I could use to bring it up on the remote screen and assign it to a button on my yoke.  Would that be possible or can it already be done and I just haven't discovered it.

Jerry
MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Menu
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 12:11:46 pm »
GSX menu doesn't support undocked mode, the whole program is designed to keep the menu open only for the small amount of time you need to use it and choose an option, not to be pinned and stay on screen constantly.

Allowing this would require considerable changes, and will also have an effect on performances, because a pinned menu should also be constantly updated with entries appearing/disappearing and updating based on the current context so, it's a fairly major change to the whole program operation.