Author Topic: KORD Jetway Auto-Detach On Deboard??  (Read 340 times)

DFWSupertrooper

KORD Jetway Auto-Detach On Deboard??
« on: September 29, 2023, 07:50:04 pm »
I'm confused. I know some airports have issues with the jetway auto-detaching when a user selects Deboarding process, but why your airport does I have no idea. I flew into KORD and arrived B24 this morning in PMDG 737-800. I wouldn't report it immediately but it seems to happen every time, or at least most times if not always. The jetway auto-attached as I was slowing into position (which I hate anyway because I always feel rushed - I had auto-jetways off but I can recheck to see if an update changed that), and when I selected to begin the deboarding process, the jetway began to move away and I couldn't reattach since deboarding had already "started". Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any guidance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD Jetway Auto-Detach On Deboard??
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 12:52:32 pm »
Our jetways don't have any special "auto attach" feature, since there's no such thing. A jetway either works or doesn't, under a certain combination of airplane doors, parking position and jetway placement in the scenery.

If you noticed they seems to work more often than other sceneries jetways, it might just be sure to the fact they are better modeled, so they have more chances to "solve" with more airplanes from more parking positions.

Now, why they attach "automatically", it's a completely different matter and it might caused by:

- The airplane triggering the jetway itself, with some custom function to handle jetways

- The AI Copilot in MSFS doing that as part of his tasks.