Author Topic: Where is this new feature located?  (Read 1054 times)

ibeam

Where is this new feature located?
« on: August 20, 2023, 04:57:03 am »
I posted this on the Discord also, but not having much luck.
"Got excited when I saw this, 'NEW: New option to control Parking Services Tolerance for Marshaller/VGDS.' followed by disappointment when I could not find it in any of the configurations/settings screens.  Where is adjustment actually located?"

I did receive a response to check 'the menus...' but I still can not find any setting type.

ibeam

Re: Where is this new feature located?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 09:19:05 pm »
maybe it's the STOPING PARK POSITION slider? if so, what exactly does that control for an end user like me.  Just looking for a bit more information on what the increments mean.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Where is this new feature located?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 01:18:11 pm »
'NEW: New option to control Parking Services Tolerance for Marshaller/VGDS.' followed by disappointment when I could not find it in any of the configurations/settings screens.  Where is adjustment actually located?"[/i]

It's right there in your first screenshot, and it's called "Parking Stop Position Tolerance"

if so, what exactly does that control for an end user like me.  Just looking for a bit more information on what the increments mean.

Hovering with the mouse on the option would show a Tooltip which says:

"Set parking stop position tolerance multiplier, from x1 (default) to x2"

This means, with the slider in the lowest setting (x1), the Parking Tolerance will be the same as it always was before, which is the default. Moving the slider to the right, will increase the Tolerance, making it "easier" to park, up to a factor of 2x, meaning the tolerance will be twice as normal. It's a multiplier, not an absolute value, because each individual parking system has its own tolerance. Marshallers already have an higher tolerance than VGDS, to simulate the fact VGDS allow more precision.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 01:28:33 pm by virtuali »