Author Topic: I can not instal gsx pro for msfs  (Read 1029 times)

nottruemarkus

I can not instal gsx pro for msfs
« on: August 04, 2023, 02:09:20 pm »
 Yesterday I downloaded gsx pro for msfs, everything is fine so far.  Then the download was over but it still said install.  Then I looked what the problem could be but couldn't find a solution.  I reinstalled the msfs didn't help either.  Have the program  three times reinstalled and also used the offline installer.  Whenever I click on install I get the message see attachment.  Thanks for the help

zs-kev

Re: I can not instal gsx pro for msfs
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 10:35:53 pm »
Well I’m extremely disappointed about there being no response to this as I have the exact same issue! I just bought GSX this evening, and been through the same stuff as you.  :-\

I first tried adding the addon folder to Defenders exclusion list, that did nothing.
I then tried the offline addon manager install, which did seem to install into the correct places, as before in my appdata/addon manager/coualt64 there was nothing, now there are files and stuff in there.
I went into the installer, but it’s still showing as though GSX isn’t installed, and clicking the install button doesn’t do anything.

I don’t know what to do either?

zs-kev

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 11:25:00 am »
Okay...so I eventually managed to get it to install. I just uninstalled everything - including FSDT Live update, and deleted all folders created by the installer. I then re-installed by running everything as Admin, seemed to do the trick.
Now its running, but when I try use it in sim, is just comes up with an error saying that addon unknown has caused couatl to stop working...so now gotta try figure that out...I really dislike couatl

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 01:46:14 pm »
just comes up with an error saying that addon unknown has caused couatl to stop working...

It doesn't say just that, it asks if you want to open the error details log, which is what you are supposed to do when reporting a problem.