Author Topic: The Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error  (Read 621 times)

drgullen

I'm using FSX:SE and getting this error immediately after the sim loads with my plane at the gate.  I'm using the iFly 747 V2 and I do have a gsx.cfg file in place for that plane in both the SimObjects\Airplanes folder and the AppData\Virtuali\Airplanes folder.

I believe I have things installed correctly.  Installed Addon Manager to its default place under Program Files (x86) and added an exclusion to that folder in Windows Defender.  When I look at the license in the Addon Manager section within FSX:SE, it says GSX is active.

I'm in an endless error loop right now.  The error in the title happens, it tells me to run Live Update which I do, but the next time I load the sim again, the same thing happens.  I see some error references in the log, but no idea what they mean, so any help to resolve this would be appreciated.  Thanks.

drgullen

Re: The Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2023, 04:23:51 am »
I was able to figure this out myself.  It apparently had something to do with the fact that there were some GSX-specific files missing as indicated in the log:

CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_TB3_STANDARD_RP_39_19_static'

I'm not sure why that is since I had just installed GSX and at the end of that install, it runs the Live Update module.  So, you would think that would download this file (and all required files), but apparently it didn't.

The fix was to run the Live Update again while the sim was running.  After that, when I reloaded the sim the next time, GSX functioned as expected.

drgullen

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 10:58:39 pm »
Just a follow-up on this in case anyone else experiences this.  The actual problem relates to the fact that I use my own custom fsx.cfg file so that I can set parameters like LOD_RADIUS, IMAGE_COMPLEXITY, etc. myself without using the GUI.

It turns out that I had invalid references for the GSX SimObjectsPaths because I originally had GSX installed in C:\Addon Manager but I now have it installed in its default of Program Files (x86).  So the fix was to change my fsx.cfg file as follows:

From this:
SimObjectPaths.6=C:\GSX\Simobjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.9=C:\GSX\Simobjects\Legacy

To this:
SimObjectPaths.6=C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.9=C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Legacy

So if you're getting this type of error and in the log, you see entries saying CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED, check these paths in your config file to make sure they are pointing to the right place.  In my case, there were not, which was the cause of the error.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2023, 12:57:31 pm »
Uninstalling GSX and replying YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" should normally remove the GSX Simobject entries from the FSX.CFG file.

This removal happens only when replying YES to that question, because if you had other FSDT products installed and you wanted to uninstall just GSX, removing the entries upon GSX uninstall would cause the other sceneries to stop working as well.

Also, reinstalling GSX should update the existing lines to the current settings.

HOWEVER, you said you have a custom FSX.CFG file so, it's possible that the installer didn't touch it, because it either had errors or included things that are considered illegal in .CFG files, which are in fact .INI files. For example, C++ style comments ( // ) are considered illegal in .INI files, although a proper syntax is not really formalized, since .INI file are not really structured so, some use the semicolon sign to start a comment, others use the // method and, since it's quite complex to deal with these changing styles, the installer won't try to update/modify a file that it consider not legal, which might explain why the entries weren't updated.

In any case, thank you for having posted a follow up that might help others.