Author Topic: Suddenly GSX VDGS is not working on any airport ( 3rd party or MSFS )  (Read 1331 times)

Jovzin

Hello team,
I would love to report an issue.
I had a  pause for a month from MSFS and flying.
Returned to game a few days ago.
Discovered that on any airport the GSX VDGS is not working at all.   I am sure before my pause , in MAY all was working without issues.
I am not getting info on VDGS when I am departing and I am not getting any info when I am arriving to a gate. I only gate info when I arrive to a gate and turn off the engines and suddenly I see CHOCK ON.   But nothing more, when I am arriving to gate there is no indication how many more meters I need to move or if I need to move to left or right or if I need to stop. 
Same when I am departing sitting on a gate the VDGS is blank.   

Already updated the GSX to latest version 2.6.3.  Tried to do the LIVE UPDATE too and still the same issue.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 04:06:27 pm by Jovzin »

Jovzin

One more thing.
Looks like my node is not updated bcs when I start the Live Updater it hangs on
Performing step 1 of 38  and it never goes beyond 1  and looks like it is downloading always the same files.

Anyway I read through this thread https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=28796.0
And well yeah I am doing simbrief generate flight after I run the MSFS game.   But I am not sure this should have a big impact on the   VDGS.

Anyway still not working. I tried Charles de Gaule default airport with GSX config from flightsim to and same issue nothing is displaying on departure or on arrival.
Tried some  other 3rd Party airports like Copenhagen or Helsinki and no not working. The VDGS is totally blank. 

So looks like the issue might be with that Live Updater hanging on Step 1 of 38 and always downloading the same files. Like in some loop. 

« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 09:24:54 pm by Jovzin »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
So looks like the issue might be with that Live Updater hanging on Step 1 of 38 and always downloading the same files. Like in some loop.

As explained so many times, since the updater can update each and every FSDT product, for FSX, P3D and MSFS, it will never perform all 38 steps, unless you happen to have all FSDT products installed at the same time, in all simulators.

With only one product installer, for example GSX Pro, it will perform only one step.

About the updater "download the same files", if this is a problem or not, depends WHICH files are always downloaded. Some of them are supposed to and I believe the Live Update will even tell you in the log file when it's downloading files that are always supposed to be downloaded, which has also explained here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26826.0.html

The Offline installer can be used to get the latest version of the main GSX code, if you SUSPECT your are affected by your local cloudflare node not fully updated, which you can notice if files other than the ones that are always supposed to be downloaded are downloaded over and over.

The Offline installer must be installed AFTER a Live Update.