Author Topic: GSX Install Not Working  (Read 2029 times)

PositiveZero

GSX Install Not Working
« on: April 21, 2023, 04:24:54 pm »
I purchased GSX Pro and installed it using the Universal Installer. The installation does not work.

The installer shows the product activated, but the MSFS/fsdreamteam-gsx-pro directory is empty.

The installer creates a shortcut for "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" but that file also does not exist.

I then used the Offline Installer. This seems to populate the directories with the correct files, but I do not get a GSX menu added to the toolbar in MSFS. I also do not get a Configuration button for GSX in the Universal Installer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Install Not Working
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 01:15:16 am »
The installer shows the product activated, but the MSFS/fsdreamteam-gsx-pro directory is empty.

Is your Community folder located on an external drive ? If yes, read here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26874.0.html

PositiveZero

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 01:34:18 am »
No, it is not installed on an external drive. It is installed on an internal NVME drive formatted NTFS.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2023, 01:38:15 am »
Then the likely cause of the problem is your antivirus that blocked the installation.

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder ( where you installed the FSDT Universal Installer ) to the Antivirus EXCLUSIONS.

- Try the installation again.

- If that still doesn't work, reinstall the FSDT Universal Installer, and restart Windows before trying again.

Abass

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2023, 01:52:10 am »
This may be part of my problem. Gsx is on my C driver and msfs is on my E drive external ssd M.2 drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PositiveZero

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2023, 02:56:10 am »
Yea, I do not have anti-virus other than Windows Defender. I finally fixed it by deleting all of the directories created by the installer and then searching for and removing all entries in the Windows registry and then reinstalling for the sixth time, but this time using the default directory C:\Program Files(x86)\Addon Manager. I really hate installing to that directory.

I have been working on this off and on for three days. The Installer seems less than robust.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 03:05:44 am by PositiveZero »