Author Topic: FSDT Live Update: How to Remove P3D?  (Read 634 times)

downscc

FSDT Live Update: How to Remove P3D?
« on: April 10, 2023, 05:43:50 pm »
I have uninstalled all addons from P3Dv5 including all FSDT P3D scenery except your Addon Manager because it's scope includes my MSFS products.  However, when I run FSDT Update it updates the P3D GSX files then starts adding all of the KMEM for P3D files that I have already uninstalled.  I uninstalled using the Windows Apps and then when I found uninstall.exe files in FSDT folders I  ran those as well.  I don't know what else to do.

How do I run Live Update to keep my FSDT products up to date, including GSX Pro, while NOT reinstalling all of the P3D products I have removed. 

UPDATE:  I ran the FSDT Universal Installer and found that P3D product licenses were still Active so I deactivated them; however, the Installer still indicates KMEM is installed.  How do I uninstall a product that I have already removed with Windows Apps and deleted remaining files??

I finally removed Addon Manager based on a figment of information I gleaned from looking around in your products and hoped Universal Installer replaced Addon Manager.  That did the trick.  The Universal Installer no longer indicates removed P3D products as still installed.  All P3D product licenses are deactivated.  I think this is the procedure for migrating from P3D to MSFS.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 06:13:56 pm by downscc »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Live Update: How to Remove P3D?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 11:16:43 pm »
Like any other Windows program, the normal uninstallers only remove files which were included in their original installer ( because the uninstaller is automatically generate at install time ), which means they normally don't know anything about files that are being added later, during updates ( the uninstaller is not remade adding those ).

That's why, to completely remove a product, you must uninstall the Addon Manager OR reply Yes to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" which is made by every FSX/P3D Uninstall at the end of the normal Uninstall process. This removes the whole Addon Manager folder, so you can start from scratch.

Activation and license have nothing to do with this. You can keep the activation, or not, it's your choice, but it won't affect ( or be affected in any way ) by uninstalling. So you can play with uninstalling/reinstalling as many times as you want and, as long you don't update your hardware or reinstall Windows, you'll never have to worry about reactivation.