Author Topic: Reinstal plans for GSX  (Read 1212 times)

schiphol104

Reinstal plans for GSX
« on: April 15, 2023, 03:44:44 pm »
As GSX is not starting up/showing the menu, and we found no solution, I intent to delete GSX completely and reinstal it. Please tell me how to re-download GSX (latest execution) again, how to delete it properly and how to instal it properly.
I had several months of good functioning but that is over. I also want to know as in few weeks I will have new fast computer and will have to re-instal anyway.
Your assistance is highly appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Reinstal plans for GSX
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 06:40:41 pm »
Before reinstalling GSX, it's best to understand why the menu is not starting and, more precisely, if it's the menu not starting, or the Couatl engine not starting.

So, you need to post your log as explained in the proper thread, named "Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem", see the last post there, with the most common troubleshooting steps:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.msg192784.html#msg192784

schiphol104

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 12:10:42 am »
I tried to generate this log file, but it is not coming up The path where I put the ini file is as follows. Is that correct?
C:\Users\Gebruiker\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali (what are these % marks for?)

Please realize, that I am 77 years and slowly getting in panic. Can you help me via team viewer?

Sorry, but you are so digital experienced that you think that everybody knows, however that is not the case.
The Virtuali file has an Couatl,err file with following content:

couatl v4.8 (build 5058)
panic log started on Sun Oct 30 12:14:57 2022

problem raised by addon __init__.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\fsm.py", line 67, in switchToState
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 3472, in enter
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'playGUI'
{'Airport': 'LOWI', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate 4', 'User Pos': (47.25811644239957, 11.349325055804925, 578.717 m, 2.725 m, 170.94548280016812, 0.006076647900044918, 0.003490658476948738, 0.0001713015671205846, 2.7096721046447754, 1.0)}

PERHAPS i FOUND THE LOG FILE, BUT CANNOT FIND THE ATTACH POSSIBILITY
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 12:37:28 am by schiphol104 »

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 04:07:31 am »
to attach a file log  at  the  bottom of  the  post you will see  the  option attachments and other options  click on  this  and  than  you will see  a box  browse click on this  and  go  to  the  file  log  click on  it  and  than click open

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2023, 10:02:15 am »
couatl v4.8 (build 5058)

You have an outdated version, which is not normally possible to obtain by mistake, since the FSDT Updater will always download the latest version.

- Configure the antivirus and add the whole "Addon Manager" folder to the Antivirus EXCLUSIONS

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

schiphol104

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2023, 02:36:15 pm »
Thanks for reaction. The addon manager was allready in my Avast . I have 2 FSDT icons on my desktop;
1) FSDT Live update, which I did run allready several times
2) FSDT Installer, which I also run several times
3) I also have an icon for the Couatl crocodile. In properties I see that it is execution 64.

Followed your instruction:
Live updater Stops updating at step 7 of 37 and the window disappears.
As this cannot be a correct installation, I did not try the Universal Installer
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 02:44:39 pm by schiphol104 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2023, 09:24:25 am »
Live updater Stops updating at step 7 of 37 and the window disappears.
As this cannot be a correct installation, I did not try the Universal Installer

This is surely a correct installation, you think it's not, because you assumed that, just because not all steps have been followed, there must be a "problem", but in fact it's surely normal because, since the Live Update, as you can see, updates ALL FSDT products that are found to be installed, for MSFS, P3D and FSX, unless you have *ALL* FSDT products all installed at the same time, for MSFS, P3D and FSX, you will never see all steps being completed. Obviously, if a product is not found to be installed, its step will be skipped so, if you have only 1 product installer, only 1 step will be performed.

So, there are only to possible reasons why your install is not updated are:

- Your antivirus is still blocking the update so, be absolutely sure it's correctly configured to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder

- Your firewall is blocking the download so, be absolutely sure it's allowing the updater to download files.

- Your local cloudflare node is not updated with the latest files so, you must use the Offline installer AFTER you run the FSDT Live Update.

schiphol104

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2023, 07:27:55 pm »
I did what you instructed me, and more. The windows fire wall does not allow me to accept Addon Manager, but only Qouatle_Updater. In the Addon Manager I also have a Couatle _Updater2. Can I delete that one from the Addon Manager map? I also closed my VPN, as this sometimes blocks contacts.
When I set up a flight, and choose GSX I get the message that Couatl engines is not started.
After restart of the sim, after life update and Universal Update I get the GSX window, but the menu keeps on loading.
Why dont you give answers to my other questios about the % signs and teamviewer? Why cannot we solve the problem by being efficient via TeamViewer?

Should I try to make the log file again? I have now found, how to attach. I am getting desperate...........!

schiphol104

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2023, 07:48:32 pm »
Please find encloed the file that I hope is the wanted "log file".

schiphol104

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2023, 10:08:35 pm »
 Because I recieved no further answers after sending the couatl log file, I decided to delete everything that has to do with GSX by means of the microsoft way to delete apps.
I cleaned the computer with CCleaner including registers and rebooted the system.
I re-installed it with GSX_Installer of 1,07GB. After installation I started FS2020 and planned a flight from Zurich. Tried to start up GSX, but the menu did not start, so I could not use. Did not get the Universal Installer. We are now one week busy in getting GSX running.

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!

schiphol104

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2023, 08:58:59 pm »
I have downloaded the universal installer and after installing the program works perfect.
Why did they not advise that from the start??????????????
Here is the link.
https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_msfs.html

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2023, 11:21:30 am »
I have downloaded the universal installer and after installing the program works perfect. Why did they not advise that from the start??????????????

The Universal Installer is the only way to install GSX, there are no other ways to install it.