Author Topic: MSFS not loading after GSX intstall  (Read 879 times)

Ashallen83

MSFS not loading after GSX intstall
« on: April 03, 2023, 10:42:20 am »
Hello all,
I recently installed GSX for MSFS however MSFS doesn't want to load and just hangs. I check task manager and it says not responding. After uninstalling GSX msfs loads perfectly fine.

Can anyone offer some insight on what's causing this?

Regards,
Ash

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MSFS not loading after GSX intstall
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 11:49:13 am »
I'm sorry but, this is basically impossible to be happening, unless you have some kind of serious problem like file corruption which for some reason might have affected a file from GSX that is normally perfectly fine, but it hasn't on your system.

This because, there's nothing in GSX that can possibly crash the simulator, since it runs entirely in an external .EXE, which by definition cannot crash the sim, considering .EXE file don't have any access to the simulator memory.

Maybe your simulator hasn't really crashed, it's just taking longer than usual to start, and your antivirus might have a play in this.

The usual suggestion, to be sure all your files are integer is:

- Configure the antivirus to have the whole Addon Manager folder added to the antivirus Exclusions.

- Run the FSDT Live Update to be sure you have all the latest files.

- Configure the antivirus to have the Community folder added to the antivirus Exclusions as well.

Ashallen83

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 11:15:00 pm »
Thanks for the reply however what I have reported is actually happening, as to what is causing it I don't know. I don't have anti virus running at all however I will reinstall and try your suggestions.

Regards,

Ash

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 11:33:30 pm »
don't have anti virus running at all however I will reinstall and try your suggestions.

With antivirus, I also include Windows Defender that comes with every installation of Windows 10/11, and has to be configured like that, just the same.

Ashallen83

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 12:00:41 am »
Windows defender is set to low which i have set from day one. I will reinstall and perform what you suggested and report back.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2023, 12:03:20 am »
Windows defender is set to low which i have set from day one.

Nowhere I ever said the level has any effect on this. I gave an explicit direction, which is to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS, that's completely unrelated to that settings so, before even trying reinstalling, do that, please.

Ashallen83

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2023, 01:02:50 am »
Ok Umberto, I will follow your EXPLICIT INSTRUCTIONS
 thanks for the courtesy.

Regards,
Ash