Author Topic: Problem with automatic doors  (Read 1975 times)

oscarbcn78

Problem with automatic doors
« on: March 21, 2023, 07:02:11 pm »
Dear Sirs,

I have followed the instructions on your GSX Pro manual about configuring doors to make GSX Pro wait until I open the doors manually, but it doesn't work. In FlyByWire A32NX the passengers door has ID 0 in its .xml file and in GSX Pro I have setted "Door with open/close checks as Standard Door #1" (0+1=1), but GSX Pro open the door without waiting for me to do it when moving the jetway. What could be the problem?

Thank you so much!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with automatic doors
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 11:54:05 pm »
You can't do that.

You can do the opposite: having GSX NOT wait for a door to be open to start a service, which is useful in case you have an airplane with a fake door but you still want to see the service, but if you set the door to use a standard variable, it will always be opened automatically, assuming it's using a standard command.

oscarbcn78

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 11:25:14 am »
So thereĀ“s no way to have "manual doors", that is to say, to control manually the opening/closing of the doors manually from the aircraft EFB or CDU menu before moving the jetway towards the airplane?

Why does the manual say this then in page 27?:

"By default, even in Auto mode, services will still wait for you to open doors."
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 11:32:56 am by oscarbcn78 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 12:07:37 pm »
Why does the manual say this then in page 27?:

"By default, even in Auto mode, services will still wait for you to open doors."

It's only relevant to the FSX/P3D version, that doesn't have automatic doors so, by default, they are always manual.

I must said, you are the first one ever asking to go back to manual mode: when doors don't open automatically for some reason ( maybe wrong code set ), users report it as a bug, that's why we never thought of adding an option to go back to manual mode.

oscarbcn78

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 03:04:26 pm »
But still, I don't understand why GSX Pro waits for me to open cargo door before trucks are loading the airplane, or service door before loading it with catering, and doesn't wait for me to open passengers door before moving the jetway... What's the difference??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 04:17:42 pm »
I don't understand why GSX Pro waits for me to open cargo door before trucks are loading the airplane, or service door before loading it with catering, and doesn't wait for me to open passengers door before moving the jetway... What's the difference?

When operating a jetway, is not GSX opening the door, is MSFS doing it by itself.

If GSX is waiting for a door, it means one of the following:

- If the airplane uses standard door codes ( the ones from 1 to 16 you can set in the editor ), it means you set the wrong one, so GSX is checking the wrong variable and, for the same reason, it can't automatically open the door, because for each of those codes, there's a matching open/close door event.

- If the airplane uses a non-standard LVar for the door, so it requires a custom XML expression to check its state, it cannot open it automatically, since these doors are usually controlled by custom code in the airplane itself, which would require a special handling in our code, like we did for the PMDG 737, because the airplane comes with an SDK and the ability to be controlled remotely, even if it uses non standard variables for the door.

oscarbcn78

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2023, 10:14:52 am »
You are right, I moved the jetway with the FS2020 menu and the passenger door opens automatically! Now I have to find out how to avoid this (if it's possible)...

Elmeon

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2023, 04:32:00 pm »
To be honest, I'd also like to have a manual option for the doors...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2023, 11:06:08 am »

You mean an option to disable all automatic door, as GSX worked in FSX ?

oscarbcn78

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2023, 12:51:40 am »
For me it would be an option to make services wait for us to open doors manually, as it says on page 27 of the manual. And we are not the only ones asking for this, there are several forums from september - october 2022 where people ask for the same thing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2023, 01:22:46 am »
there are several forums from september - october 2022 where people ask for the same thing.

If with "several forums", you mean anything other than this one, the better way to be sure a feature won't be added, is to discuss it on any other forum other than this. How are we supposed to even know somebody wants it ?

When the automatic door function doesn't work on some airplane, for example if it needs custom handling and we haven't provided for it, most people here ( again, cannot possibly know what they say on other forums ), report it as a bug, that's why it never occured to me somebody would want to intentionally stop it.

Elmeon

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2023, 07:00:03 pm »

You mean an option to disable all automatic door, as GSX worked in FSX ?

Exactly!

oscarbcn78

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2023, 11:55:28 pm »
I meant other threads (in this forum), not other forums.
Anyway, the cause of the problem I have is from FS2020, so I suppose you can't do anything (waiting for us to open the passengers door before moving the jetway, not opening the door automatically while moving the jetway).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 01:38:07 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2023, 01:42:58 pm »
Anyway, the cause of the problem I have is from FS2020, so I suppose you can't do anything (waiting for us to open the passengers door before moving the jetway, not opening the door automatically while moving the jetway).

Exactly.

There is a reason why we added the automatic doors function in MSFS, which we never had in FSX, and it's because the key command to open the airplane door has been removed from MSFS and it cannot even be assigned, because the default Ground services vehicles open the airplane doors automatically so, clearly, without any other way for the user to open the airplane doors, we were forced to have GSX opening doors automatically, otherwise you wouldn't had any way to do that, not at least in any of the default airplanes that comes with MSFS.

Sure, this is less of a problem with 3rd party airplanes, that usually have other means to open the doors even if there's no standard key command anymore, but for all default aircraft, the auto-opening is required.