Author Topic: GSX pushback w/ Aerosoft CRJ ends up putting the nose on the ground  (Read 630 times)

molleh

Not sure if this is an aircraft thing or a GSX thing, but whenever I do a pushback w/ GSX and the Aerosoft CRJ (I've tried the 700 and 900) the nose gear is not lifted, but instead starts sinking into the ground, and by the time pushback is complete, the fuselage/nose is resting directly on the ground - as soon as the ground crew are finished, it then pops back up where it should be. I thought maybe it was the nosegear lift simulation option in the GSX settings so I tried it both on and off, but no change in behavior.

I tried both the internal GSX CRJ configs and the ones located on flightsim.to

Thanks for any help!

edit: I think I figured out the culprit - looks like it was the FSRealistic Pro effect that moves the aircraft around depending on wind intensity on the ground. I was looking at the GSX 3D aircraft editor and while I was watching, I noticed the nose of the aircraft would sink into the ground more and more as FSRP's wind effect moved it  ;D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 08:54:30 pm by molleh »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX pushback w/ Aerosoft CRJ ends up putting the nose on the ground
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 10:33:17 pm »
edit: I think I figured out the culprit - looks like it was the FSRealistic Pro effect that moves the aircraft around depending on wind intensity on the ground. I was looking at the GSX 3D aircraft editor and while I was watching, I noticed the nose of the aircraft would sink into the ground more and more as FSRP's wind effect moved it

Alright, it seems a similar problem that caused the Fenix brakes to overheat, also caused by the ambient wind feature in FsRealistic. It would really help if they used the documented LVariable GSX publishes to inform add-ons that is pushing the airplane, so they might temporarily stop these effects which seems to cause problems in many situations.