Author Topic: Does GSX for MSFS coexist with P3D version?  (Read 1789 times)

w6kd

Does GSX for MSFS coexist with P3D version?
« on: August 19, 2022, 07:19:27 pm »
Will installing GSX for MSFS disrupt an existing installation of the P3D version of GSX on the same PC? 

I saw something on another forum that suggested some of the config files and paths are named the same as the P3D version, which would be very troublesome if true.

Regards

Bob Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Does GSX for MSFS coexist with P3D version?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 08:16:34 pm »
No, they coexists, because the actual code *is* mostly the same, and the things that are different ( graphic models ) are invisible to each other.

Airport profiles are surely separate for MSFS, since they are in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS

Aircraft profiles are in the same folder, but it's quite uncommon to have an airplane with the same name in MFSF and P3D and those that do, it's because are dimensionally equivalentnt.

Setting are shared, we are a bit torn about this, some users might find nice their preference to be shared between P3D and MSFS, others might prefer separate.

Moath Sayel

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 08:46:21 pm »
I did clean reinstall including P3D addons it works fine with only GSX Pro installed. The issue is isn't working anymore when i reinstall p3d addons again. So I had one choice Is P3D or MSFS And I still use P3D daily !? Any fix for that issue ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 08:58:59 pm »
It should work be installing the P3D add-ons first.

daschla

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 03:57:04 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I had installed all FSDT airports and GSX for P3D before buying and installing GSX Pro of course. And it didn't work. Now, I have deinstalled all airports and GSX for P3D and MSFS and deleted the Addon Manager folder. After installing GSX Pro and the native MSFS airports from FSDT once again, at least GSX works in MSFS.

So what is your recommendation? Deinstalling and deleting everthing and then (1) installing the FSDT airports for P3D, (2) installing GSX for P3D, (3) installing GSX Level 2 Expansion for P3D, (4) installing the FSDT airports for MSFS and finanlly (5) installing GSX Pro?

What about C:\User\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali? Should this be deleted before the new installation also?

Sorry, I am confused by so many different opinions and I am sure that you know best what to do. I have spent yesterday 8 hours without success running both simulators together and I don't want to spent the whole day today again with senseless troubleshooting.

What I also wonder is the statement that you are creating two separate installers but there are already separate installers for GSX and GSX Level 2 Expansion (P3D) - as exe but also in the FSDT Installer.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Kind regards,
Daniel
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 04:00:04 pm by daschla »

Fiorentoni

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 04:01:10 pm »
@Virtuali just to inform you there are many reports of GSX for P3D and MSFS not being able to coexist at all. A review of your internal testing procedure is due, I may say, because there are so many critical bugs and oversights that have not been detected.

Doc_Z

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2022, 04:39:37 pm »
What a mess.  Not sure whether this wasn't tested enough on both platforms or they incorrectly  thought that nobody uses P3d any more, so what if GSX can't be used there.

cesarkambara

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2023, 01:32:00 am »
I have the P3D version and today I reinstalled p3d v5 and GSX. Only the GSX PRO on my MSFS works and the GSX PD3 with the GSX2 expansion does not. I really want my GSX PD3 to work. Any solution? When you pay for something, you expect it to always work. I can't find the solution in this forum.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2023, 10:09:06 pm »
You replied to a 5 months old thread. GSX Pro coexists perfectly fine with GSX and GSX L2.

Please post your problem in a new thread, with a proper title, in the FSX/P3D section, and make a proper report, because saying "doesn't works", doesn't provide any meaningful data about your issue.

cesarkambara

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2023, 11:29:22 pm »
It's funny that the support forum thinks it's bad for someone who spends money on their products to ask something. I found this thread because it's exactly the problem I had. The solution was that every time the GSX PRO updated, it caused an error in the GSX2 of the P3D. So I always had to delete and reinstall the GSX2 on the P3D with every GSXPRO update. An annoying bug. In the end I observe in the forums that the vast majority of problems are not resolved or remain open. I keep using it because I already bought it and spent my money, something I could not have done by downloading it from some pirate blog. So have more respect with your customers who PAY for your products.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2023, 01:47:16 pm »
I found this thread because it's exactly the problem I had. The solution was that every time the GSX PRO updated, it caused an error in the GSX2 of the P3D.

And the reason why I started my reply with "You replied to a 5 months old thread", was to give you a useful service about something you might have not noticed, which happens exactly when searching threads that might have been obsolete in the meantime.

So I always had to delete and reinstall the GSX2 on the P3D with every GSXPRO update. An annoying bug.

I don't know how far in the past your "had" is set. I can assure you there's no need to do anything like that.

[quote In the end I observe in the forums that the vast majority of problems are not resolved or remain open.[/quote]

That's exactly the opposite what it really happens, instead. Yesterday's update clearly proves we are still actively fixing issues with FSX/P3D.