Author Topic: Couatl Restarting constant, CTD, either while on ground and inflight FSX  (Read 1497 times)

Delta777LR

after long stressing situations going on since updating the GSX for over a month, Ive been continuing having so much problems getting the GSX in normal run without going through some constant restarts of the couatl script engine till finally to where it always CTD, as the GSX and Couatl does disappear off the add on menu as all that remains is FSPUIC, vistacore, SODE 7, and the AddOn Manager which all remain under Add On menu. I have unistalled GSX more than 100 times along with updating using the universal installer with anitvirus/firewall off!! after doing the updates, im able to exclude BGLManx.dll and the Couatl Exe from live scan however as i use the mcafee safe live im unable to exclude the entire Add On Manager folder as it was suggested as im only able to exclude files on the antivirus. however the Add On Manager dont seem to be the issue as it does show on the Add On menu on my FSX without a problem. ive noticed also during the updates its unable to download the VC++2015-2019 Universal studio as it says a firewall could be blocking it which im not understanding that part as my firewall on mcafee and my windows defender firewall was all shut off as well as the antivirus. Am i missing something here?  i cant seem to find the cause of this problem and has been for a month as im not sure if the role of the FSPUIC which is also having somewat issues is interfacing with simconnect or something corrupted which i have yet to find as i did scanned for corruptions.. can someone please help me out here as i would like to go back to the enjoyment of flying like i did without issues before that update  i would be thankful 

my recent couatl.log from today  zip file below

« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 02:46:32 am by Delta777LR »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl Restarting constant, CTD, either while on ground and inflight FSX
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 11:34:46 am »
It would be best if you enabled Logging in the Troubleshooting page of the Settings, because the .ERR file doesn't contain enough details for us to understand the problem.

Delta777LR

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 01:31:55 pm »
It would be best if you enabled Logging in the Troubleshooting page of the Settings, because the .ERR file doesn't contain enough details for us to understand the problem.

Some reason that didn’t pop up but the gsx ctd before I can even pick up on it. I will be happy to try to get it as I need to get this situated. Will be getting back to you pronto on this

Delta777LR

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 03:24:45 pm »

here you go Umberto  this was while on ground that this issue started to happen again  will have another for you

Delta777LR

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 05:15:29 pm »

Ok sir  this is the entire case break in this situation here  as Ive repeated the exact thing from last night during flight and landing at FSDT JFK as ive had similar previously at other fsdt airport and in defaults before  i got the log here that you need  hopefully i can finally get a breakdown on my case of a long month of what i can do to fix this  here is the log below

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2022, 10:37:32 am »
Ok sir  this is the entire case break in this situation here  as Ive repeated the exact thing from last night during flight and landing at FSDT JFK as ive had similar previously at other fsdt airport and in defaults before  i got the log here that you need  hopefully i can finally get a breakdown on my case of a long month of what i can do to fix this  here is the log below

Your log just shows FSX crashed for other reasons, and GSX correctly detected the problem and exited, as the log shows:

"Connection with FSX lost (has it crashed?)"

"disconnected from SimConnect." at the end.

Delta777LR

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2022, 11:36:49 am »

Your log just shows FSX crashed for other reasons, and GSX correctly detected the problem and exited, as the log shows:

The FSX did not crashed at all as it stayed running and was able to still operate otherwise I would had no way to see that GSX vanished at all. I had exited off FSX after GSX kept rebuilding constantly. And the was no FSX CTD. I will continue to report.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 11:39:08 am by Delta777LR »

Delta777LR

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2022, 08:08:05 pm »

new info of today as the GSX did go down. even got a screenshot of the add on menu also FSPUIC also CTD before GSX followed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2022, 11:39:51 am »
new info of today as the GSX did go down. even got a screenshot of the add on menu also FSPUIC also CTD before GSX followed

Fact also FSUIPC is not there, seems to prove the problem is FSX, not GSX. GSX doesn't use FSUIPC in any way so, if FSUIPC is also missing, it seems you have a problem with your FSX install at large, affecting both.

Delta777LR

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2022, 12:03:40 pm »

Fact also FSUIPC is not there, seems to prove the problem is FSX, not GSX. GSX doesn't use FSUIPC in any way so, if FSUIPC is also missing, it seems you have a problem with your FSX install at large, affecting both.

I’m unsure what it can be still to this point. I’ve even went on to Pete Dowson site to find a solution if it was something with the FSPUIC as well but didn’t get help on there what so ever. As I can’t seem to find whatever the cause is, The only option I only was to have left is a clean install or maybe possible factory fresh install because if it’s a corruption of some sort which I still don’t know, I’m not able to find it and I have used command prompt under admin to scan for corruptions which didn’t find anything, my suspicion at first maybe the Simconnect but I have fsx boxed sp2 as I was trying to see if that played a role but I have no way to confirm it and nothing on event viewers. I mean it maybe an fsx issue but I can’t find the cause. It was working perfectly fine without any problems whatsoever before all this occurred. So I don’t know what else I can do except fresh reinstall which yes can take maybe a week or so as I gotta back up so much.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2022, 04:25:07 pm »
I’m unsure what it can be still to this point. I’ve even went on to Pete Dowson site to find a solution if it was something with the FSPUIC as well but didn’t get help on there what so ever. As I can’t seem to find whatever the cause is, The only option I only was to have left is a clean install or maybe possible factory fresh install because if it’s a corruption of some sort

I'm afraid that's the sensible option. FSX still uses the dreaded Windows Side-by-side system to load various system libraries and Simconnect itself, which is a method so convoluted and prone to errors, that when something goes wrong, the only option is either reinstall the sim, or possibly the whole Windows.

No wonder Microsoft has abandoned it for later version of the VC++ runtime libraries and LM and Microsoft also abandoned it for Simconnect in P3D and MSFS, but with FSX you are stuck with that system, and unless you really know what you are doing, it's sometimes easier to just make a clean reinstall of everything.

Delta777LR

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2022, 04:49:33 pm »
I’m unsure what it can be still to this point. I’ve even went on to Pete Dowson site to find a solution if it was something with the FSPUIC as well but didn’t get help on there what so ever. As I can’t seem to find whatever the cause is, The only option I only was to have left is a clean install or maybe possible factory fresh install because if it’s a corruption of some sort

I'm afraid that's the sensible option. FSX still uses the dreaded Windows Side-by-side system to load various system libraries and Simconnect itself, which is a method so convoluted and prone to errors, that when something goes wrong, the only option is either reinstall the sim, or possibly the whole Windows.

No wonder Microsoft has abandoned it for later version of the VC++ runtime libraries and LM and Microsoft also abandoned it for Simconnect in P3D and MSFS, but with FSX you are stuck with that system, and unless you really know what you are doing, it's sometimes easier to just make a clean reinstall of everything.

I hate to sort of say this but yea I couldn’t agree any better than that because due to the fact I can’t find the cause I’m already at edge to do a full reinstall on it all as yes it will take much weeks as I have a lot to back up and such and get it back to its normal as it once was. Which hopefully should work. But yes I agree and I appreciate the best help I can get provided with

Delta777LR

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2023, 12:15:29 pm »
So this is my update on what looks to be causing this whole situation, it appears more that it’s more of either an overclock situation or overload of some sort because GSX is not the only thing that goes away from the add on menu. Yes the GSX/Couatl engine rebuilds constantly and especially when I change view or do a flight plans select while running and a few times I call for pushback then the gsx stops running and rebuilds again. Also while in the air FSPUIC is going down as well playing the role but FSPUiC or GSX don’t appear to be the blame but it looks like it’s more of an overload or overclock on Simconnect. If anyone can help me how to fix that situation I’ll be honored.  A big thanks