Author Topic: GSX dosnt install or update!!  (Read 1070 times)

trickedlist

GSX dosnt install or update!!
« on: December 25, 2022, 09:22:41 pm »
Hi

I cannot install GSX via the Installer because it installs the files first in Appdata Local but it forget to move the files after installing to the right folder. I mean, after "installing" the temporary files will be deleted!!

This was already as i installed GSX the first time, unfortunately I don't remember how I did it. I belive i had copyed the Items from this temp folder so another folder. Dosnt know.
But since then, every time i updated GSX the Update wasnt installed right. Have no clue why it saves the file in a temporary folder and then deleting it!

Such a problem i had already with the switzerland mesh. This happens ONLY with FSDT products....

Can you please modify the installer that i can choos where to install or something?

Thank you very much for support.

Best regards and merry christmas.

Trickedlist
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 09:25:50 pm by trickedlist »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX dosnt install or update!!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2022, 10:27:02 pm »
I cannot install GSX via the Installer because it installs the files first in Appdata Local but it forget to move the files after installing to the right folder. I mean, after "installing" the temporary files will be deleted!!

The Installer surely doesn't "forget" anything. The files that are being downloaded are first decompressed in their final destination ( the "Addon Manager\MSFS" folder ) and THEN are deleted.

If a problem happened during the decompression, it would surely show some error message. The most common issues that can happen during decompression are:

- Not enough space on the drive that holds the Windows temporary folders. While you are free to install the Addon Manager on any drive of your choosing, the files being downloaded will always use the windows temporary folders during the installation, so if you are really low on space on that drive, the decompression might fail, but of course some error will be displayed.

- The antivirus might interfere, blocking the files while their are uncompressed. Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusion to fix this.

trickedlist

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 10:20:09 pm »
Thanks.
Now it works. Installed.
But is on Version 0.1.0 and if i want to update, the following error appears: "The length of the data to be decrypted is invalid"

« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 11:49:09 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 11:50:30 am »
- Turn off the firewall

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Add-on Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions list.

- Run the updater again.

trickedlist

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 02:39:23 pm »
Thanks, after reboot it works now.
Thank you for helping me.

Best regards

- Turn off the firewall

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Add-on Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions list.

- Run the updater again.