Author Topic: A very peculiar problem  (Read 804 times)

supercoup93

A very peculiar problem
« on: January 13, 2023, 12:04:32 am »
Hello:
Im running a walk in sit down simulator utilizing 7 monitors. Three of which are used as out of the window views and are run by a  3head to go digital edition. The computer running the software is fairly high end consisting of  a Ryzon 8 core processor, 32 mb's of ram, dual Nvidia 760 gt graphic cards, Asus tuff gaming MB and a lot of Saitek hardware. It all runs very well. I use FSX along with "GSX, FS2 crew and Vox atc, it flies perfectly. Here's where it gets crazy. Trying to run GSX level 2 it just drives me nuts. I can go in and make all the changes to jetways and positions I want, click add and all seems well, until I try to enter EDIT MODE. With the airplane sitting at the gate, all of a sudden the airplane starts to rotate in a circle moving closer and further away on the screen and it doesn"t allow me to get into edit mode. I then end the flight and try again but to no avail. Once in a blue moon, I get into edit mode then after that it just never enters edit again. Thats on a high end machine. Here's whats nuts. Trying to come to some conclusion, I install GSX and Level 2 on my bottom of the line desktop, and it works perfectly. So, last night I disconnected all the monitors from the simulator and ran on one monitor, reset resolutions, thinking that the 3head to go high resolution may be the cause and the results were, With the airplane sitting at the gate, when I entered Edit mode, the graphics showed the plane, running along the ground and ending up in a forrest. I have tweaked everything, reset everything, over and over again. Reinstalled both programs, updated them over and over, I cant get into edit mode on my high end computer but it works perfectly on my junk desktop with a low end graphics card. Please help, I'm burnt out. Great program by the way and I have many of your enhanced airports and everything else runs very well.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: A very peculiar problem
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 04:11:04 am »
Check your simulator's control assignments and make sure you don't have any slew commands assigned to any of the equipment you're using. Chances are some equipment is sending some signal to the simulator that, when you enter slew mode, which is what edit mode really is, is sending a command in slew mode. You only want the keyboard doing something in slew mode.
Captain Kevin

supercoup93

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 06:02:18 am »
Hi and thanks for chimeing in. That sounds like a very good possibility since I am able to have gsx 2 run on my desktop which has nothing connected to it but a mouse. In the simulator I have 4 Saitek throttles and a yoke. Its the wee hours of the morning here in the North East U.S. Looks like Im gonna be up most of the night checking this out. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks again for your input

supercoup93

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 06:38:00 am »
WOW!!!
Your a life saver. I was ready to climb into a splatter proof bag and find a tall building. I found a (Y) in my Saitek Yoke for "slew mode on/off" "DUHH" Works perfectly now. Havent slept much in the last 5 days working on this and probably wont get much tonight, I'll be playng with GSX 2 all night. Thank you so much for your expertise. You saved the day

supercoup93