Author Topic: Some Questions Before I Buy  (Read 637 times)

waffi

Some Questions Before I Buy
« on: December 30, 2022, 05:22:25 pm »
Hello, I have some questions before I buy GSX Pro, moreover they won't really determine if I buy the product or not but just asking how some things work out of curiosity. I have read the manual and have looked at some things trying to answer my questions but I'm going to answer the rest on here.

So GSX has simbrief integration which I know. I assume this takes the #PAX and the amount of cargo and everything so when I press (start boarding) or whatever, generally the amount will make sense. Here's the thing. In the PMDG 737, do I preset the PAX amount in the passengers and GSX is pure simulation or is it literal. PMDG has a instant load option for the # of PAX and a Target option. Would I be able to put in the target for the amount of PAX and just let GSX pro do its thing and the numbers go up? Or do I have to set the PAX instantly in the FMC then begin boarding. My same question is with freighters like the 737-800F. Basically I'm wondering if I can use the "(target)"option instead of just immediately setting the PAX and weights in the FMC and watching weights go up. Is it possible to do this with fueling as well for the 737 and use the target box or do I instead put the fuel in immediately, and use the (consecutive fueling) option in GSX or whatever it's called so it manages the fuel.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Some Questions Before I Buy
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 02:30:59 pm »
Since there's no such thing as a standard variable for the Passenger Number, any airplane that has its own passenger number simulation, will do it in a custom way so, unless the airplane has a way ( like an SDK ) to control or even just read that number for other add-ons to use, it's something that stays inside the airplane.

GSX can read your flightplan from Simbrief, so at least the number of passengers visible will match the plan. But to get the same number in the airplane, one of the following must be true:

- The airplane has coded GSX integration, the first product out that has this feature, is the Leonardo MD80.

- The airplane has its own Simbrief integration so, even if it doesn't have direct GSX integration, they will match as long the same flight plan is read.

- You set the airplane own Pax number to match Simbrief manually, if the airplane doesn't have Simbrief or GSX integration.