Author Topic: Usable for GA planes?  (Read 733 times)

Spook

Usable for GA planes?
« on: December 18, 2022, 06:09:20 pm »
I was hoping to use GSX Pro for all my pushback needs, including simple pushback for GA planes, but I seem to be struggling with that….

I will often spawn into a parking location in a GA plane, try to open GSX only to be told no ground serves are available due to remote location. Looking at the airport it doesn’t look like I am at a remote location, but I don’t get any other option at all from GSX, just this message then it closes. I assumed I would get an option to choose another location and warp there, but this doesn’t happen..

Is it possible to somehow get GSX working just for simple pushbacks in a GA please please?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Usable for GA planes?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 02:05:27 pm »
Please clarify the message about the "remote location". Does the message said the parking is "isolated" perhaps ? If yes, that doesn't have anything to do with GSX not being suitable for GA but, might be caused by:

- You are using an airport bought on the Marketplace without having enabled the SU10 Navdata API option

- You are using a 3rd party airport that doesn't respect the official package naming convention ( developer-airport-ICAO-airportname ), so it hasn't been automatically detected by the GSX installer to be Disabled from GSX Jetway replacement , so the GSX Jetway replacement file is causing a conflict with the 3rd party airport, which will have to be manually disabled from the GSX Config page. This, assuming the default had jetways to begin with.

- The 3rd party airport really has a bug, so the parking is really isolated, meaning not correctly connected to the rest of the taxiways layout. Nothing we can do in this case, since GSX cannot work without a properly made airport .BGL, where all parking spots are connected to the taixway paths.