Author Topic: GSX MENU SPINS ROUND  (Read 3470 times)

matty121121

Re: GSX MENU SPINS ROUND
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2022, 12:58:04 am »
this is the log with SU10 NAVDATA ENABLED

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2022, 02:45:23 pm »
Your log shows you don't have the latest update. Try again with it.

Also, be sure you have added the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions, before performing an update.

matty121121

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2022, 05:23:12 pm »
Hi Hope you are well?

It still dose the same thing the menu just will not open load for me latest log after adding the folder to exclusions list in firewall hope this helps and yes I updated as well with the live updater.

may be a full uninstall will do the trick if you could show me how to do that will be great.

matty121121

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2022, 12:22:48 pm »
Hi any solutions to my problem as yet thank you  😁

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2022, 01:27:44 pm »
Hi any solutions to my problem as yet thank you

Your log seems to indicate you either clicked the GSX menu or the hotkey too quickly, making the menu being overwhelmed by requests. Is it possible you have some kind of hardware that sends key presses continuously ?

matty121121

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2022, 04:44:19 pm »
I have had it working before sim update 40th anniversary not added any extra hardware to my computer is there away of countering this or finding which hardware it might be thanks I have now removed all my hardwear and is still the same thing that rudder pedals mouse side stick throttel and keyboard still the same thing happens there another log to look at
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 05:23:57 pm by matty121121 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2022, 02:42:42 pm »
I have had it working before sim update 40th anniversary not added any extra hardware to my computer is there away of countering this or finding which hardware it might be thanks I have now removed all my hardwear and is still the same thing that rudder pedals mouse side stick throttel and keyboard still the same thing happens there another log to look at

Your log is always the same: it looks as if something was calling the GSX menu continuously, so fast that, before the menu could show up, another request to create a menu started so, precisely to prevent the code to be stuck, the old menu request is canceled to make space for the new one.

Since I doubt it's you frantically pressing the GSX hotkey ( I guess you would said it, if that was really the case ), the only possible explanation is either some hardware that is continuously sending keypresses to GSX, or possibly some other addon.

Have you tried changing the Hotkey used by GSX ? Personally, I use X with no modifiers, it's quite convenient to use and it doesn't seem to be used for anything else.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 02:50:04 pm by virtuali »

matty121121

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2022, 02:47:04 pm »
Hi I will try this later thanks for the reply I really appriciate your effots on this.

matty121121

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2022, 05:33:21 pm »
Hi i tried using x as the hot key but still dose not open the menu infact when iwas set to f12 and now x it did not even start to open the mneu I have had to always use the mouse to try open the mneu its like gsx dose not even recognise the menu I have attched the log with what i changed but was not sure waht you meant without any modifirs did you mean not to use like shift + x as i disabled thise options. i thnink i aiminate being hardwear ysterday would this mean to try now empty the comunity folder leaving just gsx and sing if its one of the addons which i dont want to do. if you have had this query before would you know what software it would most likely be that send continuos key pressing if you could get back to me again onth it would be most appriciated.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 08:12:40 pm by matty121121 »

moxiejeff

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2022, 09:01:24 pm »
If you're using SU11 latest beta with the AAU Update, I've at least noticed that couatl engine stops working quite often through out the flight. I always have to manually re-start it.

It definitely terminates before I get to my approach of my destination and I find myself having to start the couatl engine manually again, every single time. Not sure if something changed in SU11 beta or if it's just constant issues w/ Simconnect, but it seems to get worse.

I also always have SU10 Navadata API checked.

matty121121

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2022, 09:19:02 pm »
Hi I have it working now thanks i found a back up file for msfs2020 and it had some gsx stuff in that deleted that reinstalled it and it works so my fault oon that but appriceated all your effots on this thanks so much for all your help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2022, 01:51:50 pm »
It definitely terminates before I get to my approach of my destination and I find myself having to start the couatl engine manually again, every single time. Not sure if something changed in SU11 beta or if it's just constant issues w/ Simconnect, but it seems to get worse.

So far, during all full flights I tried, I have been unable to ever replicate a single case of the Couatl program quitting in flight, using SU11 AAU1 beta.

In order to have a chance to understand what's causing this, we need reproduction steps, including a proper report of ALL the add-ons you are using, the route you took, the airplane used, etc.