Author Topic: IniBuilds A310  (Read 3706 times)

hst12

Re: IniBuilds A310
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2022, 10:14:01 am »
Main cargo should be belt and cargo 1 and 2 auto. I haven't had a chance to try the most recent version of GSX but on the previous version only the main cargo needed to be changed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2022, 10:58:35 am »
Be sure you any custom profile you made or downloaded. I confirm the configuration for the A310 in the GSX internal database is as follows:

Cargo 1 ( front ), will use the AKE ULD
Cargo 2 ( rear ), will also use the AKE ULD

Main Cargo ( bulk cargo, last door in the back ), "should" use a BELT loader.

This means, if you have Belt loaders on cargo doors 1 and 2, you are not using the current GSX internal config.

However, I now see there's a problem with the Bulk door because, even if it was configured as a Belt loader, repurposing the MainCargo as a Bulk loader doesn't really work, because GSX assumes the Main Cargo door is always a true "Cargo" door, so it will always try to use a Cargo loader.

This is not just the appearance of the loader itself, but it also affect the path taken by the carts, which is oriented opposite to the other baggage carts, and even if it wasn't, there's just not enough space to fit (any) loaders on both cargo doors AND a 3rd loader on the bulk door, the animations and the approach paths are just not made to have 3 loaders on the same side of the airplane all working at the same time.

If you like to see baggage and use the bulk cargo door, the only sensible way would be moving cargo 2 to the bulk door position, and removing the Main Cargo door altogether, so you'll get an ULD with AKE in Front, and the Bulk loader loading bags in the Rear using the bulk cargo door.

I think this is the configuration that makes most sense, so it should be the new default.

IMatAMS

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2022, 11:16:56 am »
Would it not be more sensible to disregard the small 'bulk' door and just have ULD loaders for the large cargo door?
IRL I would imagine this aircraft will have not have loose baggage but all the baggage containered...

Otherwise I think you are right, anyway there should be 2 loaders, 3 is just too many and will always be clipping/overlapping etc since the rear large door and the small door are just too close.

sidfadc

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2022, 04:45:47 pm »
I have another issue, my 2nd catering van instead of lining up with the AFT door lines up with the small baggage door at the rear??

EDIT: Ignore I fixed it within the editor.   8)

EDIT 1:  Buggered something else up now, the catering van lines up AFT rear but now GSX doesn't open the doors automatically and keeps beeping to remind me, when I open doors manually via EFB the catering chaps don't walk out hmmm

EDIT 2:  So when I hit open door in the editor for the AFT rear right door, GSX opens the AFT rear LEFT door.  However on the Left door I have configured this to say "no door at this position"?  Hmmmm any ideas?

EDIT 3: I RTFM and figured it out!  Both doors on the right FWD and AFT now open automatically and the catering trucks are lined up perfectly!  Result!!  :P
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 08:56:46 pm by sidfadc »

hst12

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2022, 10:32:36 am »
I've settled on setting Cargo Main to no door and Cargo 1 (door 5) to AKE only. Cargo 2 (door 6) I've set to AKE as well so I get 2 x AKE loaders only which goes nice and quick.

I can upload the config to Flightsim.to if anyone wants it.