Author Topic: gsx not affecting pax count pmdg 738  (Read 1426 times)

torskenn

gsx not affecting pax count pmdg 738
« on: October 30, 2022, 11:29:34 am »
trying to load passengers and payload. it says loading passengers 132/132, but when i look at the pmdg payload page it is still at 0

edit: also, when the fuel truck finally arrives, it tells me to use the plane fuel system to set desired amount. i try to set it in the ground services page, but that does nothing. i set it in the actual fuel page, and it just leaves instantly without actually refueling
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 11:31:29 am by torskenn »

pizzamonster

Re: gsx not affecting pax count pmdg 738
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 11:58:50 am »
When it comes to fuel with PMDG: first you call fuel truck, when it is there, you get an order to enter the amount of fuel, you do it in the FMC page FUEL, You always give more than you currently have on the plane - to avoid problems I always have 0 at the start)

Look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQMDUjs4jMk
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 03:47:36 pm by virtuali »

pizzamonster

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 12:03:06 pm »
Regarding the passengers: please correct me if I am wrong: the GSX only simulates adding passengers to the plane, just like fuel. You have to add passengers manually via the FMC page Payload.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 03:54:55 pm »
There's no such thing as a standard "passenger number" in the simulator, like there is for the fuel.  Every time you see a reference to the passenger number in any airplane, is a simulation created by the airplane code to affect the payload stations, which are in fact generic, don't have a "type" ( cargo, pax, etc. ) that could be possibly read or written by other add-on.

But even if there was such thing like a standard variable to control the passenger number, it would be very like that most of the advanced 3rd airplane products won't allow other add-on to set it, just like fuel, which is why, we don't touch the fuel quantity on PMDG or the Fenix, and the same is valid for passengers: we don't touch the plane payload, and in this case not even for default airplanes, those that GSX *does* refuel, and that's for the precise reason that payload station are not clearly defined in the sim about what they really represent.

So, it's just a visual simulation right now.

Of course, any airplane developer has the means to interact with GSX through its published variables, so they can synchronize their own internal passenger simulation with GSX, something that was made very effectively by some developers in P3D, but the same features are possible in MSFS as well, it's just a matter of the airplane developers willingness to integrate with GSX.

torskenn

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 05:59:28 pm »
When it comes to fuel with PMDG: first you call fuel truck, when it is there, you get an order to enter the amount of fuel, you do it in the FMC page FUEL, You always give more than you currently have on the plane - to avoid problems I always have 0 at the start)

late response, ik, but when i do this, it just instanly dips when i enter the desired fuel amount

torskenn

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 06:14:23 pm »
update: now it does not do anything at all after i set the desired fuel amount in the fmc. it's just loitering there, not even refueling

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 06:49:01 pm »
late response, ik, but when i do this, it just instanly dips when i enter the desired fuel amount

What "instantly dips" ?

update: now it does not do anything at all after i set the desired fuel amount in the fmc. it's just loitering there, not even refueling

Surely doesn't happen and I can only confirm it works as expected, provided you follow the correct procedure, as indicated in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQMDUjs4jMk

torskenn

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2022, 07:06:06 pm »
Surely doesn't happen and I can only confirm it works as expected, provided you follow the correct procedure, as indicated in this video

don't know what to tell ya. only difference was that i used kgs, and i selected a specific fuel amount, not fuel percentage. can't imagine that's it though. this time it stayed there for like a minute and then left, did not notice anything on the display on the fuel truck. will try and look for that next time