Author Topic: FS9 Bglman.dll & new AVG Free 9  (Read 4406 times)

christiaan

FS9 Bglman.dll & new AVG Free 9
« on: March 06, 2010, 11:24:28 am »
I need to install the new free AVG 9 to replace version  8.

In my advance settings of the AVG 8 Resident Shield exclusion file the FS9 MODULES file containing Bglman.dll is excluded form the scan.

What is the simplest way of installing the new AVG 9 to avoid that the Modules file is scanned and Bglman is removed, which has happened previously before I realised the cause.

At the moment I only have FS9 as I am going to buy a new computer in the near future for both versions of the Flight Simulator.

I have XP

« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 12:23:58 pm by henry »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FS9 Bglman.dll & new AVG Free 9
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 10:49:00 pm »
I think the easiest way to do it, would be to upgrade AVG and, after everything is properly installed and updated, configure it to exclude the MODULES folder from scanning, just it was under the previous version, then install the Stand-Alone Addon manager for FS9, which will restore any file that might have been removed.

christiaan

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 11:54:30 am »
Everything went perfect, not tested FS9 but in the MODULES file nothing has been removed as far as I can tell.

AVG9 has taken over all my changes, including the exclusion maps for FS9 over from version 8.

Thanks for your quick reply.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 11:56:02 am by henry »

skimmer

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 02:45:37 am »
I have had AVG9 for a while and it's best to include all flight sim roots in exclusion section and when running FSX be sure to shut down AVG. :)