Author Topic: gsx pro loading  (Read 602 times)

tosco92

gsx pro loading
« on: October 29, 2022, 03:06:29 pm »
why if i open from the bar of fs2020 gsx always tells me loading and does not load?

sidfadc

Re: gsx pro loading
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 03:14:31 pm »
Is coualt running in the sys tray?  If it is, restart it.  If it isn't then start it (run as admin).  If you aren't using the new SU10 Nav api it might take a while for the airport cache to load resulting in a spinny "GSX is loading please wait". In my experience this happens without a visual clue until the airport cache has actually loaded, when you click GSX from the toolbar it then says "airport cache regeneration loading" or similar on the screen and shortly after Ground services will be available.  In my experience using a spinney HDD (not SSD/NVME drive) it can take upto 5 mins plus for the airport cache to load.  Note, if you hover over the coualt icon in the sys tray it will state "airport cache loaded successfully" or something like that when its all settled down.

However!  There is a new option in the GSX config, accessed via the FSDT Universal installer which allows you to turn on SU10 Nav Api which eradicates the airport cache altogether!  However you will see a few posts already (one by me) which is giving us inconsistent results.

Good luck!