Author Topic: GSX is a Joke ..mb  (Read 1002 times)

goodperson36

GSX is a Joke ..mb
« on: November 29, 2022, 12:42:55 am »
Yep I am done with Fadreamteam debacles. Glad I waited to this was on sale today because this GSX MSFS2020 has so many bugs that it’s needs a debugger medicine. I went to land in Pensacola airport with the Airbus Asobo 320 and every gate was to small the voice was telling me not only that but no people were coming out the lugged cart was underneath the belly of the aircraft etc,etc,etc,…Pensacola is a medium size airports that lands 737-800. And now the gates are changed to what Fsdreamteam wants them to be. And I can’t changed back through settings. Never will I buy form you guys again. Good luck hope your company crashes to the ground for putting out a bug infested product for a BIG money grab..and you can banned me from this forum don’t care. I will move on the bigger and better products.ADIOS….TAKE A LESSON IN LIFE UMBERTO DO THE JOB RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AND. THERE WILL BE NO NEED FOR A SECOND TIME. Tired of being a beta tester for you guys when I have to pay for a product that’s crapp…wonder why this was on sale…

fcmusician

Re: GSX is a Joke ..mb
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 03:39:50 am »
Sorry your having so much trouble. Lot of your problems can be remedied by checking out the manual. I have had this since it was available for FS2020. Problems I had for me were eventually corrected through updates so I can make edits to my aircraft and airports. There are settings in the program you can check off to ignore some of those too small parking spots. I've got mine set up for my favorite plane and have been having a real good experience.
Frank B^)

rsaberi

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 06:55:26 am »
I agree and it's sad that GSX still has so many problems! Trucks, passengers, etc. still up in the air! Marshaller guides you to park too far beyond the stopping point (so it's not even useful) - this is after spending hours organizing parking locations before SU11! Pushback doesn't really work reliably with Fenix, the plane falls down at the end and sometime it crashes during pushback! No Paint Kits also so you to beg for a painting of an airliners and may or may not get it! Hope they fix these... SAD.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 10:14:22 am »
Yep I am done with Fadreamteam debacles.

This message is a debacle in itself.

Glad I waited to this was on sale today because this GSX MSFS2020 has so many bugs that it’s needs a debugger medicine

No, I only requires reading the manual, which I understand in the era of instant gratification, is a lost art.  Lots of work went into writing it.

I went to land in Pensacola airport with the Airbus Asobo 320 and every gate was to small the voice was telling me

This is how GSX always worked since 2012. It reads the parking radius from the scenery and compare it with your wingspan and will say it's too small, it's because IT IS too small. Obviously, GSX cannot possibly decide on its own if the parking radius has been set too small because it's *really* too small, or because of a bug/error/oversight in the scenery.

Now let's see what the manual has to say about it:

- Page 11
GSX will warn you if a parking spot is either “too small for your aircraft”, or is already taken by an AI. However, a big change from previous versions is that will allow you to use it anyway.

- Page 33, the explanation of the "Max Allowed Wingspan" parameter, which can be used if that previous message annoys you:
This option allows to override the parking radius in the airport .BGL, used to verify if a parking is too small to fit a certain parking. Sometimes, it’s possible a scenery has actual space available around a parking spot, but the scenery designer has specified a smaller radius for that parking spot, maybe for AI flow reasons, or to fix problems with default ground vehicles, or simply because of an oversight.

- Page 27, the explanation of the "Ignore Wingspan when parking" global setting:
This option will disable the “Parking Too Small” warning. Note that, with this version, GSX will always allow to use a parking, even if it says it’s too small but, with this option, you can also disable the warning.

not only that but no people were coming out the lugged cart was underneath the belly of the aircraft etc,etc,etc,…

This is a side version of the fact that GSX now will always allow you to use a parking spot, even if it's too small. In previous version, you will not be allowed to use it, unless you fixed its radius.

THIS was the reason: to prevent users to use a parking that is too small, because the parking radius dictates the initial ( the *default*, when no customization is used ) ground vehicle placement. Now, in the  name of "ease of use" and instant gratification, we removed that restriction, so you can use it even if it's too small, but the vehicles will be placed very close to each other, because of the radius, in staring position that would result in awkward movement required to reach doors of a larger plane.

Pensacola is a medium size airports that lands 737-800.

Be sure to tell that to whoever made the airport.

And now the gates are changed to what Fsdreamteam wants them to be.

I don't know what you are trying to say here. It's exactly the opposite: BECAUSE we surely don't "change" the airport but, instead, are allowing to use a parking spot even if its radius has likely be set wrong in the scenery, we are inheriting a problem of the scenery itself. But nothing has "changed"

And I can’t changed back through settings.

Of course it can, in 3 DIFFERENT WAYS, which I already quoted from the manual you were supposed to read.

and you can banned me from this forum don’t care.

Nobody will ban you, you already embarrassed yourself enough with this post.

rogermoore

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 10:36:52 am »
Can you do a similar comparison against the complaints above when compared to the sales advertisement?  I believe many expected GSX to almost self configure based on what they read at the point of purchase. Having now had experience of the product it is clear of its limitations and simply stating it was like this in 2012 isn’t really much of a defence.

If, as a respected flightsim company you stand by your product so vehemently and repeatedly suggest your customers are idiots why not offer the option for a refund. I read in one of of other posts that refunds are not offered because there is a trial period. This is not exactly true, as to take advantage of the trial I believe you have to have already purchased a FS product. So not really an open trial.

Personally I find the fact the menu text doesn’t fit the menu box’s says it all.

Rather than dissecting my comments and lambasting me as another idiot why not prove yourself to be a customer focused professional developer and at the very least put it to a vote? Or have I embarrassed myself beyond redemption.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 11:00:00 am »
Can you do a similar comparison against the complaints above when compared to the sales advertisement?

I don't know what do you mean here, if you are referring to this sentence:

While GSX already works automatically on any airports, default or 3rd party*, users can customize every parking with specific options like the vehicles starting position, the ground/catering operators, setting multiple pre-planned custom routes for Pushback, and Passenger waypoints, outside or inside terminals. GSX airport profiles are just .INI text files which can be easily shared by users, or supplied directly by airport scenery developers.

It clearly describes the reality, which is GSX surely works automatically on any airport, but some things can be customized to improve how it works.

The OP whole "full of bugs" post was basically all related to the parking RADIUS in some way so, I guess if the first airport he tried had parking spots with the proper size, he won't have had any of the problems he listed here.

Since such airports clearly are plenty, it makes the above "advertisement" statement accurate: GSX DOE work automatically and it can be customized. In addition to that:

- GSX is a very well known product with 10 years history, we assumed most of the users would already know it.

- If you have at least ONE FSDT airport active, you can install in Trial.

Personally I find the fact the menu text doesn’t fit the menu box’s says it all.

The menu box can be resized, like any other toolbar window in MSFS, and its position is also saved. Like any other toolbar menu, if you choose a size that is too small for the text, it won't fit it. Unlike other toolbar windows, the GSX menu might have text items of variable sizes, so it's normal you might have to adjust its size from time to time.

Rather than dissecting my comments and lambasting me as another idiot

"Dissecting my comments" ? Not sure what you mean, I was quoting goodperson36 and nobody else, are you the SAME PERSON ?