Author Topic: GSX initial spawn of vehicles incorrect according to the airport profile in use?  (Read 819 times)

lukehall

Here's something that bugs me but hopefully has an explanation!

Example: I enter the simulator at LOWI. I am using a custom GSX airport profile which appears to work correctly for the most part.
However, when GSX first activates by calling the GSX menu, the vehicles that spawn initially are not the correct ones or in the correct location according to the airport profile. For example, I very large push back tug appears at an incorrect location, where it should be a smaller one, as do the baggage loaders etc.

Once I ask GSX to perform an operation, such as positioning the ground stairs, GSX then clears everything followed by a spawning of the correct vehicles in their correct positions for the profile in use.
It appears that GSX is only loading the custom profile AFTER an action is selected rather than loading it from the start. Is my observation correct and if so, can this be changed/fixed, or am I doing something incorrectly?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best wishes,
Luke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
You aren't doing anything wrong, it's no bug, it's not a GSX problem, is exactly how's supposed to be, and

The vehicles you are seeing BEFORE you call GSX are those called "Airport Services". You think they are controlled by GSX, but that's just because they LOOK like GSX ones, since GSX not only adds custom Ground services to your airplane ( when you call it ), but it also acts as a replacer for default Ground Services, the manual clearly explains this at Page 6, where Airport Services are discussed. GSX has no effect on the placement of these vehicles, which are placed by the simulator itself according to the standard parking assignment rules, completely outside GSX control. They are just different models/textures, that's it.

After you call GSX for some service, the default Ground Vehicles are removed, and will be replaced by the ones controlled by GSX, using the GSX operator assignment rules, with their initial placement specified by the custom profile.

Basically, before you call GSX yourself from its own menu, what you see it's just default ground vehicles, with their models replaced by GSX.

lukehall

Thank you for your fast reply Umberto!  :)
I now understand what is happening. I have (believe it or not!) read the manual from start to finish several times and thought this might be the case but I wasn't sure. Your detailed explanation has completed the jigsaw for me! :-)

Sorry, I have another question that I should have included in my OP...

I like to 'pre-select' my parking spot before arrival and often do using the GSX menu just before I start my approach. This seems to work really well (much better than in P3d) but I have noticed that this may be associated with a few anomalies.
For example, I have arrived at my gate to find both GSX and MSFS objects in place, such as double marshallers or tugs. Occasionally, GSX also crashes once I stop at the gate. This doesn't seem to happen if I select my parking after landing, but I still have to fully verify this.

Again, am I doing something wrong, or could it be a wider problem with MSFS or GSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
For example, I have arrived at my gate to find both GSX and MSFS objects in place, such as double marshallers or tugs.

If you use the default MSFS ATC, it's normal you'll have double objects. Also, it might even possible that, when you preselect a gate while in flight, the sim might still assign it to an AI, since it doesn't know you selected it in GSX. In that case, from the GSX menu, select the option to change the assigned gate, and choose the same one again, so any vehicles there will be removed again.

Occasionally, GSX also crashes once I stop at the gate. This doesn't seem to happen if I select my parking after landing, but I still have to fully verify this.

Please provide with a diagnostic log when this happens. Instructions are in the Sticky thread of this forum named "How to report a problem".

lukehall

Hi. For future releases, could you include an option for GSX to start in a 'low level' state where default vehicles are disabled in the vicinity of the aircraft and GSX vehicles spawned without waiting for the user to call GSX?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 10:52:34 am by virtuali »