Author Topic: Custom Parking positions after October 18th Update  (Read 1019 times)

DroidE326

Custom Parking positions after October 18th Update
« on: October 18, 2022, 05:57:32 pm »
I seem to be having an issue resetting the aircraft position (Fenix A320 in my case) to use a custom parking position at the same gate, after installing the latest Oct 18th update. Up until now I use to be able to reset the default parking position (one you start in after entering the sim) to the custom parking position (one modified using the airport editor) using the reset parking position option in the menu. What happens now is that the aircraft jumps to a new location much further forward on the parking line, and on further inspection it looks like the 'Stop' position is no longer in the same place as the 'Parking' position, but much further forward. Re-editing the Stop position to sit back over the Parking position seems to get me to where I was before, but that would entail a lot of editing if this can't be fixed another way.

rsaberi

Re: Custom Parking positions after October 18th Update
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 08:41:25 am »
I have the same issue. It started with October 17th update. The positions don't work with the marshaller! Marshaller with guide the plane too far beyond the stop point!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Custom Parking positions after October 18th Update
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 08:51:25 am »
This is not a problem or a bug or an issue, instead is the result of a needed change to the way GSX position the airplane when NO STOP POSITION IS SET, that is the default placement.

Before the update ( again, when NO custom Stop position is set ) GSX placed the airplane center in the middle of the parking, which resulted in airplanes parking too far behind, and this was more and more noticeable, the bigger the parking radius, and this lead to the discussion in this thread:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28059.0.html

Following all the feedback on that thread, this update moved the default parking position 1/3 of the parking radius ahead, which seems to result in a way closer position compared to the one used by the simulator itself.

Again, this is just the bare position when no customization is made.

The proper and more realistic way, is to customize the STOP position, which will result in the airplane preferred exit always ending up in the same position regardless of the airplane type, resulting in the front gear being in different places, which will improve resolution of the jetway, which is the main reason why in real life there are different stop positions to begin with.