Author Topic: Quality of life UI/UX feature suggestion  (Read 769 times)

Beacon

Quality of life UI/UX feature suggestion
« on: October 14, 2022, 12:54:03 pm »
Hello!
First of all I wanted to thank you for producing such an amazing addon which helps to bring a ton of immersion into the new sim. As a fresh GSX customer (I've been using X-Plane 11 before MSFS) I bought it right after release and never had any major issues with it!

Now to the suggestion. As someone who buys scenery mainly through the in-game marketplace I often run into the problem of wrongly numbered parking spots due to the known issues with airport files and encryption. I'm absolutely fine with editing parking spots myself, actually I quite enjoy doing that. What I would love to see is the ability to add short annotation per parking spot, through the 'edit parking spot' menu, which would be visible in the 'select parking spot' menu (for example "Ramp 29. NOTE: RAMP 16)". That would allow users to make corrections to the parking names which would be UI only and rely simply on one more line of text (per spot) in the custom .ini airport file. I think that would be quite a big QOL change, especially for those of us who fly on online networks, where we don't often have the possibility to "guess" which parking name is the correct one according to the MSFS database.

Kind regards,
Marcin K.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Quality of life UI/UX feature suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 01:03:29 pm »
We'll release an update to use the new Navdata API introduced with SU10 very soon, meaning the airport data will be taken from Simconnect, regardless if the scenery is encrypted or not, so there will be no need to change any parking names, since they should always match what you see in the scenery.

Beacon

Re: Quality of life UI/UX feature suggestion
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 01:05:15 pm »
That's great to hear! Thanks a lot for such a quick reply!