Author Topic: Developing for GSX compatibility  (Read 715 times)

PinkyJr

Developing for GSX compatibility
« on: October 12, 2022, 02:16:38 pm »
Hi,

I am a scenery developer and would like to make my products compatible with the GSX jetway addon.
I create my own custom FSX type jetways, and place them on my AFCAD using ADEx, along with my custom scenery objects, but my users claim that GSX will not read the AFCAD file. Is it because it contains scenery objects?

Secondly, some users are disactivating GSX, but the customized jetways remain. Will GSX modify the default airport AFCAD and if so where is the file located so it can be removed or deactivated?

Thanks,
David

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Developing for GSX compatibility
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 03:59:50 pm »
Check your AFCAD file size, if it's larger than usual because you placed many 3d objects in it, GSX will discard it assuming is not an AFCAD ( to speed up the cache regeneration process ), but it's possible to specify a custom size threshold.

You can change the default value used by GSX, by adding this on a new line in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.INI ( after the log line, if you have one )

airportCacheMaxBGLSizeBytes = 20000000

This will scan files up to 20MB, if your airport file is bigger than this, you'll have to increase the value further. It's expressed in bytes, so in this case is 20 millions.

PinkyJr

Re: Developing for GSX compatibility
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 04:17:58 am »
Thank you so much. That was it. My scenery was always compatible, it just needed the afcad size tweak per your direction.