Author Topic: VR: no sound during pushback  (Read 1377 times)

Pilot7478

VR: no sound during pushback
« on: October 04, 2022, 07:27:50 pm »
Hi,

There is a problem that in VR there is no sound during pushback.
It makes it very difficult to control it because the messages in VR appear too close to the player's position making it invisible unless you search for them moving your head position back and looking down (as I understand the VR messages problem is a known problem that is going to be addressed).

The sound works just fine at the very beginning (announcing boarding starting, etc.) and later just disappears.

Is there a plan to fix in the near future?
Do you know of any workarounds that can be used in the meantime?

Thanks.

AthenaG

Re: VR: no sound during pushback
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 03:32:28 am »
The problem also existed for me before, but with the later releases it was solved. I suppose you have updated?

Athena Grey

Pilot7478

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 04:07:46 am »
Yes, everything is the latest version.
I have Reverb G2.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 08:28:01 am »
Whatever problem you might have with the sound, if now appears to be fixed, it surely wasn't GSX since we haven't changed anything in the sound.

However, what the GSX sound engine can't do, is to dynamically switch to a different audio device after it started which means, if you switch in/out from VR and this results in the audio device switching in Windows, GSX won't detect the change, you will still have to enter the GSX Sound settings, change it to the correct device and restart GSX.

Note that, during the loading time from the MSFS Main Menu to the start of the flight, GSX will always restart automatically so, if you switched in/out of VR on the Main Menu, that might be a good time to check the GSX audio device as well, since entering a flight would restart it in any case.

Pilot7478

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2022, 06:03:51 am »

It still not working for me and it's not intermittent, it's always not working.
What I do is the following:
- Run WMR runtime while in 2D in msfs the main menu.
- Start a flight still in 2D. Do some cockpit preparations, GSX works fine, sound is working fine through the VR headset (because WMR runtime is running. It's normal).
- Ctrl-tab to enter VR. GSX is working fine with its sound coming through VR headset as expected. Boarding in auto-mode is going fine.
- Boarding is completed. I request pushback through GSX menu and at this moment GSX messages sound stops working. The messages still appear (too close to the camera, but it's a different problem) and pushback process continues normally. GSX sound won't work anymore in this flight.

As you can see, there is no switch in/out from VR, so, it doesn't seem to be a reason. I tried to restart GSX runtime after sound disappeared, but it doesn't bring the GSX sound back.

Thanks.

Pilot7478

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2022, 06:21:58 am »
>>>> GSX sound won't work anymore in this flight.<<<<
Correction:
GSX sound actually starts working again at arrival airport.