Author Topic: Remote deice - vehicles spawned across airport?  (Read 1201 times)

airbadger

Remote deice - vehicles spawned across airport?
« on: January 22, 2023, 12:23:35 am »
First time trying remote deice at LSZH. PMDG 737-700. Selected spot C2 and called the trucks. They seemed to spawn well away from me, and even ended up going to my starting gate first (58) before making their way eventually to the remote deice area. Aren't they supposed to spawn behind the plane? https://imgur.com/a/G0ADg7E

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Remote deice - vehicles spawned across airport?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 12:47:55 am »
It's not clear where's your plane.

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 12:48:22 am »
It's not clear where's your plane.

Parked at de-ice spot C2 for the rwy 28 pad.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2023, 12:54:45 am »
Have you changed/edit the profile for LSZH ? Have you seen the video ? It uses exactly C2, and the trucks are surely created behind the airplane. If this is not happening to you, please post a screenshot where your airplane can be seen there.

airbadger

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 03:11:45 pm »
Have you changed/edit the profile for LSZH ? Have you seen the video ? It uses exactly C2, and the trucks are surely created behind the airplane. If this is not happening to you, please post a screenshot where your airplane can be seen there.

I have not changed the profile, it was using the one included with the updated LSZH that has the de-ice spots built into the profile

I was at spot C2 exactly, following the VDGS

I will see about getting another screenshot, but I am 10000000% sure I was parked precisely at spot C2.

airbadger

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 04:40:19 pm »
It happens at airports without custom de-ice pads as well.

Here's a video. PMDG -800, ENGM (freeware on flightsim.to), at the pad by RWY 1L. I started from gate 64. It's hard to tell from the video, but the de-ice trucks headed to gate 64 first before redirecting themselves to my location at the de-ice pad. You can see them driving through buildings to get to me.

https://streamable.com/kras4n

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2023, 06:37:02 pm »
It's possible you have a real parking there as well ? In that case, GSX might consider the deicing to be like a on gate deicing, so it will call vehicles from afar.

Nicrative

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 02:23:33 pm »
I was able to recreate this as well in situations where I have first requested a pushback from a stand before taxiing to remote de-ice spot. It seems like in this case the de-ice vehicles first go to the initial stand where pushback was requested and from there slowly come direct to the aircraft (disregarding taxiways and objects in their way).

If you restart couatl during taxi before requesting de-ice they seem to spawn right after the aircraft when requesting de-ice.

airbadger

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2023, 02:30:36 pm »
It's possible you have a real parking there as well ? In that case, GSX might consider the deicing to be like a on gate deicing, so it will call vehicles from afar.

No. There was no parking spot there. I verified it with LittleNavMap to look at the AFCAD.