Author Topic: Newest Update broke functionality to use hardware pushbuttons to control GSXmenu  (Read 1101 times)

737Andi

Hi virtuali,

I was so happy to see the new GSX update being alive today since I had requested the Hotkey STRG+SHIFT+F12 functionality to open the GSX menu recently.
I needed this hotkey to decently use my GSX hardware panel (consisting of push buttons and switches; see attached image) to work with MSFS by using Spad.Next.
The F12 hotkey is working fine now :) Thank you for that!

Here comes the problem..
Before the update I could use my push buttons 1-9 to choose the according menu point when the GSX menu was open inside MSFS.
Unfortunately the latest update broke that functionality :(

Spad.Next is still writing the correct number in a notepad editor text field, when I push the hardware button, but I cannot get it to interact with the GSX menu anymore.

I suppose it has something to do with this change -->
- GSX Pro Fix: Menu options keys 0-9 no longer activate with Ctrl/Shift/Alt modifiers, causing services starting when changing cockpit views with the menu open.

It would be awesome if there is any possibility to get that feature back :(
Maybe you can make a tickbox in the settings menu or you can leave that option configurable via an .ini file entry?

It would be highly appreciated if you can help me here.
Thank you very much!

Best regards
Andi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I suppose it has something to do with this change -->
- GSX Pro Fix: Menu options keys 0-9 no longer activate with Ctrl/Shift/Alt modifiers, causing services starting when changing cockpit views with the menu open.

If this is the cause, it means that add-on is also sending a modifier because, the problem with the previous version was the GSX menu didn't check the modifiers for the 0-9 choice so, it always reacted to numeric keys regardless if Ctrl, Shift or Alt was pressed too, and this resulted in the menu assuming you made a choice, when in fact you might have changed a cockpit view ( CTRL+1, for example, was read as 1 ).

Now, the menu correctly ignores a numeric key pressed together with a modifier, and will only react to it is JUST the key is pressed, and nothing else.

You can easily verify this yourself, open the menu and try the following, it should work like this:

- Press 1, the 1st option will be selected and the menu will close. That's the normal behavior.

- Press Shift+1 or Ctrl+1 or Alt+1, the key will be ignored, this is the correct behavior as well. Ctrl+1, for example, now only controls the first cockpit view, before it would have also triggered Deboarding.

Once you verified this is happening, you can be sure GSX is working correctly, so you can then start to investigate why the "1" ( or any other 0-9 key ) sent by the add-on is not the same "1" as if you pressed it on the keyboard.

A possible reason might be the MSFS window being out of focus when the key is sent.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 06:29:18 pm by virtuali »

737Andi

Hi Umberto,

I'm so sorry!!

I just restarted windows and all related software and now it is indeed working perfectly fine :)
I have no idea why there were problems initially.

Thank you for your great support!

Best regards Andi