Author Topic: GSX Deboarding Without Request  (Read 2243 times)

Leonardo Lima

GSX Deboarding Without Request
« on: September 17, 2022, 03:01:58 pm »
Hi everyone! My GSX is doing deboarding without requesting as soon as i turn off the engines and then i can no longer do anithing on GSX cause it doesn't go past the loading page. With that behaviour it's difficult to do turn arrounds or deboarding the crew and pilots cause i cannot press yes/no when it asks me so. Thanks in advance.

grekka

Re: GSX Deboarding Without Request
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 05:07:30 pm »
do you have auto assistance checked ?

Turok144

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 05:48:45 pm »
This may be a fluke.  It's happened to me once before, but when I closed the flight and returned to the same airport It worked fine.

Leonardo Lima

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 10:18:07 am »
do you have auto assistance checked ?

I don’t.

Leonardo Lima

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 10:18:53 am »
This may be a fluke.  It's happened to me once before, but when I closed the flight and returned to the same airport It worked fine.

For me it has happened a couple of flights in a row, that’s why I’m looking for help

WebMaximus

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2022, 11:59:53 pm »
Did you find a solution for this?

Noticed the same thing tonight after arriving into LJLJ. I had a voice prompt asking me if I wanted to deboard the crew too. Never saw anywhere to answer that question and I never saw the crew deboard. Since this was the last flight for the night, it would had been nice to allow the crew to sleep somewhere else than in the aircraft  ;)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 11:44:24 pm by WebMaximus »
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2022, 11:51:28 pm »
Umberto, can you please help us understand how to respond to the question whether you want the crew to deboard as well after the PAX have deboarded?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2022, 09:45:10 am »
It seems you are asking two different things, completely unrelated to each other:

- GSX starting Deboarding on its own. This shouldn't happen after the September 21st update, since the OP dated before that, I guess it's not happening anymore

- GSX asking if you want to Deboard the Crew. Not sure exactly what the question is: you reply depending on your decision, that's why GSX is asking.

WebMaximus

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2022, 09:49:24 am »
Regarding nr two, it's very simple. We hear a GSX voice prompt asking if we would also like to deboard the crew. However, we don't understand how/where to respond to that question. Since there's no prompt anywhere to answer yes or no.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2022, 09:58:16 am »
Regarding nr two, it's very simple. We hear a GSX voice prompt asking if we would also like to deboard the crew. However, we don't understand how/where to respond to that question. Since there's no prompt anywhere to answer yes or no.

Well, of course there will be a prompt, unless you closed the GSX menu using the GSX Toolbar icon, which is something you shouldn't do, for as long the service lasts.

With a recent update, the GSX toolbar icon will never be closed automatically by GSX as it used to be, because now there's an hotkey that will open/close the menu keeping the Toolbar icon still ACTIVE and even the X button will not close the Toolbar icon as it did before, but it will just hide the menu.

The updated manual, of course, clearly explains this and how has changed from the first release, and also explains why you should never close the Toolbar icon: doing so will result you MISSING any message from GSX and ( like in this case ) any pop-up menu GSX will need to show in between services.

WebMaximus

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2022, 11:01:29 am »
I have not closed the GSX toolbar and there was no prompt. That is the issue both me and this other guy have reported to you. Hence our question how to respond to the question when there isn't a prompt to do so.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2022, 11:34:43 am »
I have not closed the GSX toolbar and there was no prompt.

If you missed the menu prompt, it can only the toolbar was closed, no question about it. Note that, this is somewhat different in VR: there, the X button really closes the toolbar as well.

WebMaximus

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2022, 12:00:59 pm »

If you missed the menu prompt, it can only the toolbar was closed, no question about it. Note that, this is somewhat different in VR: there, the X button really closes the toolbar as well.

Ok, will check it out on next flight.
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2022, 07:10:27 pm »

Very happy to report I was now able to get the prompt. Where I could not only choose yes or no but also if I wanted to deboard only the cabin crew or also the pilots.

I think what probably fooled me before was how closing the window in VR will also close the toolbar as you suggest. So many variables to keep track of for a successful outcome using GSX but I guess I'll eventually learn all these tricks  :)
Richard Åsberg