Author Topic: PMDG Fuel Loading  (Read 1206 times)

HAExperts

PMDG Fuel Loading
« on: September 06, 2022, 08:47:34 am »
Has anyone figured out where to enter the fuel when GAX asks on the PMDG?

I tried on the Fuel page in the FMC under “FS Actions” and it keeps asking me still.  Anyone know the specific page?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG Fuel Loading
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 10:10:04 am »
We explained the procedure so many times, and is really easy, provided you keep "Detect custom aircraft system refueling" DISABLED ( DEFAULT ) and "Always refuel Progressively" Enabled (this is only to see the GSX fuel counter going slowly up, instead of very fast ):

1) Start with some initial quantity in the airplane.

2) Call the GSX Fuel

3) Don't change the Fuel quantity until AFTER the Fuel truck is in position and the voice asks you to do so.

4) Go in the Fuel menu in the FMC and set the new quantity. If it's higher than the quantity you had in Step #1, the GSX fuel truck will work correctly, otherwise it will go away immediately.

HAExperts

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 05:39:53 pm »
I undertAnd the procedure just fine.  I am asking where it is located on the FMC exactly.  Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2022, 05:43:20 pm »
I undertAnd the procedure just fine.  I am asking where it is located on the FMC exactly

MENU -> FS Actions > FUEL

HAExperts

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 07:20:07 am »
Ok it seemed to work for me.

However can you clarify something for me.  I read a few posts and got a little confused

When fuel truck comes.  If you have the fuel already on board (more then you need). The fuel truck continues to ask to enter Qty.  if I enter anything below what it already has it keeps asking.  I am using the automatic mode so the fuel truck comes no matter what.  Once I enter something higher than what was exsisting it loads.  What is the best practice for this.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 08:38:28 am »
What is the best practice for this.

Start the flight with less fuel.