Author Topic: Is this a problem or what!! Update process  (Read 848 times)

DaveG587

Is this a problem or what!! Update process
« on: September 02, 2022, 10:34:26 am »
Hi all,

Still trying to get my head around the end user update process.  In the video below is me running the update, it seems to do some updates but then just closes, so I run it again and the same files are actioned and once again it just closes without stating completed etc.

Since we (end user) have no way of telling what version we have installed, or what version the cloudflare has, this is an issue!

So is my update working correctly, failing or the whole update process is flawed !

https://youtu.be/YmViR3tvssY

Take it I need to download the offline installer ?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 11:52:30 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Is this a problem or what!! Update process
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 11:54:49 am »
Of course your Live Update is working PERFECTLY FINE and it's now "flawed".

The only thing flawed there, is that for some reason, your local cloudflare node seems to be fully updated except for ONE file, the rules_fueltruck.cfg file, but I'm sure it will eventually reach your node.

The *other* downloads you think are problem, are not, because as explained here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26826.msg179094.html#msg179094

The Live Update now always downloads and installs a ZIP file of the current Jetway replacement files and the current Airport services, because we found this is way faster than checking every single file for updates.  And as you can see in the update log, it correctly skips file for airports you have Disabled so, it's working as expected.

DaveG587

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 01:57:43 pm »
I seem to read a lot that "local cloudflare node" is not updated or issue is with them!

Is it not time to forget cloudflare if it produces so much issues!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 02:02:14 pm »
I seem to read a lot that "local cloudflare node" is not updated or issue is with them!

That's another issue entirely, those two specific ZIP files, that is the Airport Services and the Jetway replacement files ARE supposed to be downloaded over and over because, as I've said, it's faster to just download them and install them then CHECK online for every single files if you have the right version.

Is it not time to forget cloudflare if it produces so much issues!

In your case, cloudflare only seem to have missing a single file, which won't affect operations in any way. If you don't want to wait for your local cloudflare node to get even that one, just use the Offline installer.

Using the Offline installer result exactly what you are asking, that is "forget cloudflare" because...it's offline.

And no, before saying "stop using cloudflare", that won't happen, because there's no way our server was ever able to resist to so many users downloading at the same time, it will crash in minute and, the result would be you won't be able to download *anything*, not even the Offline installer, you won't even be able access the forum to report a problem, that would be what will happened if we allowed direct access to our server.

So no, cloudlare is working, and it's working for you, except that single file, which I'm sure will arrive, eventually.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 02:06:04 pm by virtuali »

DaveG587

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 02:20:53 pm »
thanks for the updated info.